Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Max

MO-APE

Has anyone used the newer 2012 model with the Black LED's?

I had one out for a month and am disgusted with the performance. I've had mutiple Bushnell's over the past few years and this, the highest priced one, is the worst performer by a mile. I've had great luck with the older ones, but I can't even begin to explain how cruddy the night time pictures are on the newer one. They only deer that were captured had to be perfectly still and only 5-7 yards away. Every other deer was a streaky blur or I only saw eyes 20 yards away. If any of you have one and have had success, please offer up suggestions on settings...

Unfortunately I deleted every picture I had out of disgust or I'd show you.

My advice - STAY AWAY! :mad:

I have just the general HD cam in the normal model and its by far and away the best camera that I have every owned. I have been a bushnell exclusive for over three years now.

I wanna say I read some reviews that said the 2011 Black flash cam was performing better than the new 2012's. I've got a 2011 black flash and have been very happy.

I wanna say I read some reviews that said the 2011 Black flash cam was performing better than the new 2012's. I've got a 2011 black flash and have been very happy.

I use a 2011 black flash and some of the older 2009 red flash and love them. I did pick up 2 of the 2012 black flash but haven't put them out yet. Hopefully i'll be one of the lucky ones and have good cams...not likely though.

Very well could be true. Most of us know that for some reason, certain year's of Bushnells suck while others are great. Take their Bushnell Trophy cams, 8mp. In 2010 they were a train-wreck, by 2011 they fixed the bugs & the cams were great. And BEFORE that cam, the 2008, etc 5mp trophy cams were good as well. They seem to have some bad years in there and need to kick some Chinese rear ends when they figure out which of the cheap manufacturers keeps spilling soy sauce & rice into the production line. Ok, maybe too far on that. :grin:

Sligh1 said:
Very well could be true. Most of us know that for some reason, certain year's of Bushnells suck while others are great. Take their Bushnell Trophy cams, 8mp. In 2010 they were a train-wreck, by 2011 they fixed the bugs & the cams were great. And BEFORE that cam, the 2008, etc 5mp trophy cams were good as well. They seem to have some bad years in there and need to kick some Chinese rear ends when they figure out which of the cheap manufacturers keeps spilling soy sauce & rice into the production line. Ok, maybe too far on that. :grin:

Exactly Sligh...did you guys know Bushnell's headquarters are in Kansas City?

Top Bottom