Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buying carbon arrows...

NWBuck

PMA Member
OK...I've nearly convinced myself to make the switch. Now, as I look at Cabela's website, I see pretty much all of them have to be cut and have inserts glued in. If a person knows what length they need, why does it seem you can't buy them "ready to go" ? Is this the norm for carbon arrows? If so, what does it take to cut them accurately? Thanks.

NWBuck

[ QUOTE ]
If so, what does it take to cut them accurately?

[/ QUOTE ]
You need a high speed cut off saw to cut them.
the shop where you buy them will do this for you and it will only take a couple of mins to cut and install the inserts for you when you buy them.

I pretty much figured the local shop would take care of it, but wondered if I were going to have to invest in the saw in order to buy arrows mail order. Local is better anyway. Thanks for the help.

NWBuck

I cut mine w/ a Dremel. I roll the arrow as it cuts. Works great on aluminum arrows, haven't tried carbon yet.

Many of the online archery suppliers will cut carbon arrows to length and glue in the inserts for a couple of bucks extra when you buy a dozen. Thats what I do and it saves me from having to buy and maintain and arrow saw. It so easy to do your own fletching with a Bitzenburger and youll get a better end product.

sometimes i order mine through archeryexperts.com they cut them and give you options on wraps and different types of fletchings.... the only downfall of ordering them is that they may not have what you want for options so in my opinion your better off doing it yourself

Just remember to get the correct spine of arrow for your setup (the chart goes for arrow length not draw length) I have a 29.5" draw length and shoot 28" arrows.

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember to get the correct spine of arrow for your setup (the chart goes for arrow length not draw length) I have a 29.5" draw length and shoot 28" arrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve's right. Figure out what arrow length you want based on your rest and THEN go to the charts to determine what spine you need based on your arrow length and draw weight.
waytogo.gif

buy them cut, but glue inserts and fletch yourself. i've had too many rush jobs from a shop fail on me

Anyone have any problems with the nocks on Beman ICS Hunters getting really lose, I've replaced them and the replacements did the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any problems with the nocks on Beman ICS Hunters getting really lose, I've replaced them and the replacements did the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never. I would wonder if you had the right nocks.

I used the nocks that came outta the box with the arrows. Then replaced them with some that fit really snug at first and then loosened. Cost me a turkey last night sent the arrow 10 foot above the Jake I was shooting at, ended up finding it 90 yards from where I shot. I'm pretty sure the arrow spooked them a little, my swearing however cleared the field.

Top Bottom