Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands

WVBOWHNTR

Thinking about buying one of these stands, aluminum model, for next year. Really like the idea of being able to purchase multiple brackets, which will allow me to have multiple sets for the same stand. Anyone have one and have any comments?

p047084hz01.jpg

I have a commment and only a PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

I dont like chain-on stands. Cant ever get them tight, and the only one I did, took be better part of 30min to get the chain so perfect that the stand was tight in 1year I couldnt get it loose. It was a cheap stand so I left it for the next guy:)

Dean

I have 2 of these one steel and one aluminum. I leave them out as all season so I cannot speak to portability(moving stand leaving chain), I use climbers for that.They were a breeze to hang so I am sure you will be able to move them around easily. I do like the stands, mine have been quiet no noise from the chains. With all hang-ons when I first hang them I hug the tree and stand in close to the tree with one foot with the other foot I raise the edge of the platform and then lower it. This lets the stand slide down a bit and tighten the strap or chain and locking the stand in place. My only complaint is the small platform I prefer a slightly larger area to stand on. The adjustable level of the platform is handy as well.

Save yourself some headaches and get a lone wolf and several hooks and straps and forget it. I owned one of these several years ago used it four times and it was very noisy.

all i have learned is that cheap=alterations to make it quieter. I would be more apt to go with a big river from sheels for 55 bucks or something. chains are for kinky weirdos..:)

Follow limb's advice, get a Lone Wolf. I have many stands, working on slowly giving away the noisy ones and replacing with LW as I can swing the $$$.

Top Bottom