Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

calls?

I had a thread on here about this topic and kind of learned that right now, you want to be able to see the deer before calling. I usually don't grunt until I see a deer I want closer. Rattling might get some curiosity going for some deer but not as good as the rut.

sorry i missed that thread.... ok thanks i just wasnt sure.... if i see the deer that i want i can call right now or just wait.... im still learning about bow hunting and the rut.. thanks again

Yea, I only got 3 years under my belt and I'm still learning. During the rut I like to make my grunts sound aggressive. Rattling, I like to make it big to sound like a huge brawl going on.

Right I usually only grunt when I see deer, my grunts I use are soft and I try to make them more like contact calls. When I rattle I don't always see deer, I like to hit the horns together real soft, like near the end of my hunt in evenings and beginning of my hunts in morning.

I try not to call a lot this early, feels like I kind of mess the stands up and the deer get used to it.

This one is kind of an opinion... Never tried the knight and hale, didn't want to spend the money on something I could find in my timber.

Never tried knight & hale horns, but messed with them at the store and they sounded the same to me but it seemed I could get them louder. I've never tried them in the stand so I have no idea which is better.

ia_buck don't worry about messing up I am learning also and what I have found is if you mess up call it a learning experience and move on do NOT beat yourself up over it. good luck

Grunting and or rattling will work at almost any time. Deer are a curious animal. The closer we get to the rut, the better it usually gets. I t is a lot like turkey hunting, you have to catch the right buck in the right mood.

Thanks guys u all have great advice now if i can get it to work would be awsome. Last yr i only saw about 6 deer all yr. In the past 2 weeks i seen double that that y im worried about mess it up

Lol i know what u mean. Late weekend i sat in one stand and my friend sat in my other one the one i sat in is bad with a south wind but i had 3 deer come from the north of me i thought for sure the would smell but they didnt. The wind was blowing right in their nose lol. They didn't move. To bad they weren't shoters

Top Bottom