Came, saw, enjoyed now headed home

capttrae

Just wanted to say Thanks for all the answers to my sometimes half retarded questions I asked before coming to Iowa to hunt. Had a great time, saw a bunch of deer, not taking one home but hey that's why it's called huntin not killin. Hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to come back and give it another go. Trae

Glad you had a good time. I'm guessing you learned quite a bit from your hunt here, and can use it to your advantage the next time you make a trip back. Best of luck the next time you are fortunate enough to draw.

Hi Trae...glad you enjoyed hunting in IA. I did my first out of state hunting trip this year (WY) and really enjoyed the change of scenery. Can I ask what zone you hunted and was it private or public land?

Zone 5, private land. Hunted w/ IMB outfitters, the guides were great, very personable, nice lodge, good food, my kind of huntin, hunted every day, daylight till dark, saw plenty of deer had a great time. However there is no way in gods creation will I ever use IMB again b/c Darrin is a prick. Out of 13 hunters in camp, 12 of us were of the same opionon that we'd never use them again

That's too bad about your outfitter. I personally enjoy the DIY hunts more because then only I can ruin my experience. Hopefully next time you draw an IA tag you find an outfitter to suit you better.

Back