Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Can't wait

Now that I can't chase thunder chickens I'm dying to get started running trail cams. I normally wait till July so the antlers are formed pretty good but I don't know if I can wait that long. I know some of you guys run your cams year round. What kinda antler growth you guys seeing?

From what I've seen they are pretty much all split already.. Unfortunately took all my cameras out because of the flood water was almost to them

Personally, I run cameras all year round. But right now they will sit until the end of July without checking them. Just personal preference, and trying to keep scent down as much as possible in areas. I have seen some bucks while driving that have some pretty good growth to them already.

My plans are to get them out in the next week and let them soak for a month then check them monthly. I love this time of year watching the bucks grow and trying to identify them from the previous year. Hope some of you guys start getting some really good growth and posting pics

I will post pics on July 1st.. Now that the water is back down I will put my cameras back out this week.

I check mine every other weekend this time of year. The cameras are over mineral and the scent I leave behind doesn't seem to bother the deer at all. I've had pictures taken within a hour of me leaving the sites. I checked my cameras May 26th and got some fairly nice growth. I put pictures up in my profile to give you a idea of what I'm seeing so far but not sure how to post them from my iPhone otherwise I would.

I got 7 cams out over the last week. Bring on some growth. I saw a couple bucks that were already showing promise for having a nice frame

I've had cameras out for two months. Enjoying the growth. Couple potentials but very early still. I check mine every other week also. Getting 1000 - 3000 picks doing the period. Lots of does and several buck. Understand though my spot id private next to public land so it's a definite bedding area and lots of traffic. I bust em out every time and they come right back 45 minted later. I hunted this spot last year very hard and it never seemed to hurt the amour of traffic I would see. Every where is different. I would not recommend this in most cases. And the gnats. Omfg. Bout dropped everything and bolted.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom