Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Carcass Disposal

IowaBow

Did I miss something or I guess imagine something?

I thought they passed legislation a couple years back forcing the garbage collection companies to take deer carcass's as long as they were completely bagged up, is that not correct?

Garbage guys today refused to take the deer carcass that was bagged up and in the cans.

If they won't take it what do you guys do with the carcass??

I think there is an ordinance in Story County that the landfill will not take deer carcasses. I was talking to somebody at the Deer Study Committee who said the closest landfill to Ames that will take carcasses is over by Marshalltown.

Not that I am suggesting you break the law or anything, do a dumpster drive by. I’m sure the bum sleeping in it will appreciate the venison. Or what’s left of it.

The ‘Bonker

Start a bone pile. Dumping carcasses on public property in sight of a road really looks horrible on hunters.

I dump my carcasses on a pile on the edge of a friends cattle pasture in several trees. I throw 2-5 there a year, usually the coyotes/mice/nature take care of them over the years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dump it in the woods /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Yeh back out in the timber I guess is where it's heading, just was nice the last couple of years they were taking all of it.

Top Bottom