Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Careful how we talk about fellow hunters.

180bc

The public is watching and the antihunters must love our apparant division.......

Go to PETA.org and type in “sport hunting” in their website search engine. The first two paragraphs have this to say about hunters………
“Although it was a crucial part of humans’ survival 100,000 years ago, hunting is now nothing more than a violent form of recreation that the vast majority of hunters does not need for subsistence.(1) Hunting has contributed to the extinction of animal species all over the world, including the Tasmanian tiger and the great auk.(2,3)
Less than 5 percent of the U.S. population hunts, yet hunting is permitted in many wildlife refuges, national forests, state parks, and on other public lands.(4) Forty percent of hunters slaughter and maim millions of animals on public land every year, and by some estimates, poachers kill just as many animals illegally.(5,6)”
(This is of course complete BS, but it is on the PETA website)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago, I posted this topic on the forum:
Nonresident Landowners, check out this website.
Friends of Iowa -- A website for ALL Iowa landowners

Finally, we are organized and working together. As promised, you will have a voice in Iowa. Please support this organization and make your contribution today. You can contribute with pay pal or visa on the website.
Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now from the iowawhitetail.com site, <u>just the first two pages of comments</u>…….. but you will get the idea:
THEBAD
“what a bunch of losers....”
bushman
“be worried”
teeroy
“this group will ruin the hunting in iowa”
River Bttm Boy
“Wolf in sheep's clothing...”
Crash
“are they nut`s”
FarmlandQDM
“Dr. Tricky Mickey's group needs to be a wake up call for all of us. It's probably time to join the IBA”
blake
“Friends of Iowa”? After reading every word on that website I feel the need to vomit. “
Sligh1
“People like that have "destroyed" hunting in their own state, ravaged states like Illinois, etc.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Personal attacks, anti hunter rhetoric, and a pompous attitude in general toward hunters who don’t live in Iowa.
Obviously, some of you folks who claim to be hunters and for hunters are a greater threat to the hunting heritage, than even PETA. Looking at the comments on this website and theirs, PETA is much kinder to hunters. The IBA is mentioned dozens of times under this topic. The real hypocrisy is that on the IBA website, we find pictures of hunters with moose, bear, antelope, musk ox, plains game and etc. I doubt these were killed in Iowa. You want to hunt Canada, move there. You want to hunt Wyoming, move there, or Africa, etc, etc. Thanks for doing what PETA never could, keep hunters from hunting their own land. You should be proud.

<u>Who is the real enemy here??</u>

The original post was to provide information, not to pick a fight. Read it and see……

Dear fellow hunter John,

Comparing Peta to Iowa hunters wanting to maintain current state hunting regulations is a joke at best. You got to have something better than that.

I also believe that all the hunters on the IBA web site you are refering to, waited their turn to draw a tag, and hunted under the regulations of where they hunted without complaint.

Respectfully,

Kent

isnt starting another post like this displaying the exact same tendencies that you so willingly crucify???

seriously....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dear fellow hunter John,

Comparing Peta to Iowa hunters wanting to maintain current state hunting regulations is a joke at best. You got to have something better than that.

Respectfully,

Kent

</div></div>

I'm guessing he's just a little ticked off. Doesn't look like anyone's stopping at his lemonade stand.

John,

What you failed to mention about the IBA site and the photos of game harvested outside of Iowa is those hunters put in for a tag and waited until they drew it. They didn't lobby those other states to change their rules to suit them. Big difference between them and the FOI!

Sorry Kent I see you beat me to that point. Good point though!

We probably should ignore him since this is just what he wants. The only way FOI is going to get any face time is starting BS posts like this one!

Chris

Wow, I got quoted!

Manybooners, you are reaching on this one. Does it bug you to be nailed? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

images.jpg

Maybe they draw for tags, maybe not. If they dont own the land they should be in a draw. There is a hunt offered for antelope 2008 on the front page that doesnt mention having to draw.

Again, deny this, PETA NEVER KEPT ME FROM HUNTING MY OWN LAND...PETA NEVER KEPT MY CHILDREN OFF MY LAND, IBA DID.

Again, the original post was for information only. Some seem to thrive on twisting things back to fit their own agenda.

It has been awhile since I've logged in - thanks for letting me post again

It's funny you should bring up rhetoric and twisting things back to fit their own agenda -

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In contraposition to scientific debates, rhetorical arguments, as in politics or even justice, do not make use of demonstrable or tested truths, but resort to fallible opinions, popular perceptions, transient beliefs, chosen evidence or evidence at hand (like statistics), which are all properly called commonplaces as they help establish a commonality of understanding between the orator or rhetor and his/her audience. excerpt from Wikipedia </div></div>

Seems by definition rhetoric or twisting things back to fit their own agenda is the foundation for Friends of Iowa mission statement … but we know the real Truth is for your personal real estate gains.

TheTruth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manybooners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Again, deny this, PETA NEVER KEPT ME FROM HUNTING MY OWN LAND...PETA NEVER KEPT MY CHILDREN OFF MY LAND, IBA DID.

</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Please deny this:
Did you know the rules and regulations before you bought your land? If so please quit trying to push your agenda here.
Thank You

I dont have any real estate gains, outta iowa, thanks. Not a realtor either, assuming it is any of your business. More personal attacks failed, but you dont answer the question do you?
Who has kept me off my own ground,.......and for what personal motives?

Again, the topic was to warn hunters about attacking each other....but i guess the message is too deep.

John Young - care to explain Agribucks LLC

Also it seems the makeup of the FOI board all have a distinct relationship with real estate or outfitting (i.e. personal gain)

TheTruth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems by definition rhetoric or twisting things back to fit their own agenda is the foundation for Friends of Iowa mission statement </div></div>

AMEN!

John, I'm not the smartest person on this subject, but let me see if I have what you say in perspective.

1) You claim that Iowa residents are the same as PETA. Iowa residents are simply fighting for the right to keep this state a limited access state to non-residents, landowner or not, by fighting for what is already in effect, and has been for many years, the lottery system. Not all non-resident landowners are in it for money, but when you have Mickey for a spokesman, it automatically puts into peoples minds the outfitter who is in it for money in his own pocket, and that is it. PETA, wants the killing of all animals, not just wildlife, stopped. They think zoo's and circus animals are mistreated and should be set free. They think that animal life is worth alot more than human life, and if it means destroying humans to keep animal rights, that is what they will do.

2) PETA definitly hasn't kept you from hunting your ground.. yet. Iowa state laws has not kept you from hunting your ground, ever. It has limited you somewhat. Rules and regulations have to be followed, rather you like them or not. I don't like paying taxes, but I have to. I don't like the idea that I can only drive 55 MPH, but I have to, due to regulations and laws.

So my friend, how can you even compair Iowa residents to PETA? Iowa residents are merly fighting for state regulations to continue the way the are. PETA on the other hand, wants to take all of your hunting rights, eating beef, pork, poultry, venison, and egg rights away and feed you a tofu burger. I fail to see how this is even a compairison, and I would be very embarrassed if I was part of a hunting comunity, no matter what state or country, and posted this on a hunting website.

I also have to ask, since you are friends of Iowa, do you realize that eastern and southeastern Iowa are in critical shape at this moment? Do you realize that some towns are completely under water and so far there is estimated damages in the Billions? Do you realize that there are many Iowans that are homeless, and has had their homes destoyed from tornado's and floods? Beeing a true friend of Iowa, I have donated what I can to help out fellow Iowans, have you done anything to help out other fellow Iowans, since you are friends of Iowa, or are you just worried about your next hunting trip?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manybooners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont have any real estate gains, outta iowa, thanks. Not a realtor either, assuming it is any of your business. More personal attacks failed, but you dont answer the question do you?
Who has kept me off my own ground,.......and for what personal motives?

Again, the topic was to warn hunters about attacking each other....but i guess the message is too deep.
</div></div>

I think we've all gotten the message pretty clearly. As for "who" has kept you off your ground??? You can only blame yourself.

Nannyslayer, great post.....
I keep seeing the same thing brought up in the NR BOO WHO I can't hunt my ground debates and do not recall hearing them addressed, so maybe Mr. Manybooners will answer this for me. Why do NR feel they have a right to change laws that have been in place, and been put in place by, (IMO) people far more educated and up to speed on the issue?

Also, am I missing something here, or arne't our laws still acted on and voted on by our elected officials? And by our, I mean the residents of the great State of Iowa? Does that not mean that we should have a say in the way laws are? I am sorry but if you are not a resident of this state, then in my opinion you get no say in what our laws are or how they are set, I don't care if you own a whole county here, if you are not a resident bug off when it comes to the laws of my state.

I for one can't wait until I am financialy set enough to get my own ground in Iowa to hunt. Second, I would love, LOVE to someday own ground in CO, ID or MT. If I could I would buy in one of those states in a heartbeat to hunt Elk. I would also go into that purchase fully aware that as a NR there would be rules and regulations in place, and most likely for a dang good reason, that I would have to follow. I hate to say or bash NR hunters cause that can be a broad statement that puts good peaople, and good fellow hunters into a group with the bad. I don't think I can think of any hunters that I have met over the years, true hunters, that are out there for the love of it, that are whiners. They know the game laws, the rules of the hobby and they follow them. They will see you wearing a camo hat at a truckstop 100's of miles from your home state and strike up a conversation with you about what you hunt and how your season was. Generally it seems to be the NR landowners with hidden agendas or ego's bigger than a house that think they have a right to whatever they want, like a spoiled 2 yr old kid that get these posts going.... OK enough rambling for now. I am tired of this issue.

I just can't fathom buying land in another state to hunt on. Too much that I could not control from a distance. If I found myself in that situation through inheritance; I'd count myself blessed, sell the land, and purchase closer to home, that just makes sense to me. The non-resident thread reactions are not about attacking fellow hunters, they're about people trying to change laws in a place they don't live. Liberal politicians on either coast have been tryin' to do that for years.

Iowa State Motto : Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain.

Lifted this, Iowa's motto from the Agribucks LLC wbsite. And he wonders why we want to hold onto what we already have.

Top Bottom