Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Casio hunting watches

Interest is captured
confused.gif
I am more interested in what others on IWT have to say.

I HAVE BEEN A FOLLOWER OF THE MOON CHARTS FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS.I HAVE SEEN THEM RIGHT TO MANY TIMES FOR IT TO BE A COINCIDENCE,MAINLY EARLY SEASON WHEN THE DEER HAVE BEEN UNPRESSURED.THIS PAST CHRISTMAS MY WIFE BOUGHT ME ONE OF THE CASIO HUNTING WATCHES AND I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT SINCE THEN.IT HAS BEEN AMAZING THE NUMBER OF TIMES THAT I HAVE BEEN DRIVING,WORKING,SCOUTING ETC. AND SEE DEER MOVEMENT DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY AND CHECK THE WATCH TO SEE WHAT THE MOON IS DOING.THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME IT HAS BEEN RIGHT ON.YOU CAN EVEN LOOK AHEAD AT THE MOON TIMES ON OTHER DATES FOR THE UPCOMING MONTHS,EVEN YEARS,TO PLAN FUTURE HUNTS.I WAS HELPING A BUDDY LAST WEEKEND SET UP A BLIND FOR HIS SON FOR THE UPCOMING YOUTH SEASON AND WHEN I SLID MY BACKPACK ON MY WATCH BAND MUST HAVE BROKE AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT AND I LOST MY WATCH.I HAVE BEEN LOST WITHOUT IT.MY WIFE TOLD ME SHE BOUGHT IT AT BASS PRO,SO GUESS WHERE I'M GOING THIS WEEKEND.IN MY OPINION THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY.IT ALSO HAS THE SUN RISE/SET TIMES ON IT PLUS A LOT OF OTHER FEATURES THAT I HAVE NEVER USED.

Bonk must still be researchin...I thought he'd have some "snakeoil" posted up on this by now.

Maybe the watch is legit..
grin.gif

Alright, who just bought the last one from the wal-mart in Dubuque????

Lady said the last one was bought this morning.

I use the moon phase function on my gps all the time. Especially to see what the moon is doing on the bigger weekends I will be hunting, and when family comes to town.

Hoody

tlambert, sorry, i got it about 645 on my way to work over on CC road. lol. i was wonderin if someone else would be lookin for one.

Picked one up while I was in Atlantic today. Cripes, I have to read instructions to make it work. I'm a programmer . . I don't read instructions.

CamoMan -

Where in Atlantic did you pick your's up and did they have any more? I've had one of these on my wish list and now I'm gonna have to have one. Birthday's coming up soon
cool.gif

Willie, I stopped by Wal-Mart and they were with the other Casio watches at the (ugh) jewelry counter - $37.86 before tax. The counter people probably won't know what you want, but it was at the bottom of the Casio display. Not sure if they have others. I plucked mine right off the display.

I quit wearing a watch about 4 years ago. I think I'll pass on the Casio. Why? Well, if I have the time to hunt, that's where I will be, whether a watch tells me I should or not. Also, I don't want a watch nagging me that I should be in my stand when I can't be. I guess that is a double edge sword; it might be nice while at work to look at it and it says hunting stinks right now. That might make me feel better about being at work, but I seriously doubt it. A bad day hunting is far better than a good day at work.
waytogo.gif

Took the plunge tonight. Man, I'm a gadget junkie.......Oh well, I plan to keep track of deer movement on the watch and also in my hunting log so I'll have a chance to compare.

And I'm with you Camoman on the instruction "book". I'll have to sit down when I have an hour or two in order to get the thing set. Any tips???

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to sit down when I have an hour or two in order to get the thing set.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i was afraid of

Top Bottom