Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Catfish can't swallow it.

Shovelbuck

A friend just sent this to me. Seems there was some strange activity in a pond by someones house. This flathead was found to have a ball stuck in it's mouth. They cut the ball to get it out.
552fish_story_005_1_-med.jpg

excellent photo! too bad for the catfish though! i assume the catfish turned out to be ok, but how long was the fish like this?

looks like a doggy chew toy, if that were a regular basketball that fish would be absolutely H-U-G-E!

Quite a bit larger than a chew toy. It was a childs ball. Here's the release pic. [image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid123/p8c2d3a813af60be72e852c3e676a9a38/f82819dc.jpg.thumb[/image]

Thanks Buckinrut. For some reason I couldn't get my pic to work. It's a wonder the fish didn't sufficate.

Funny thing about catfish, when I kept freshwater fish, I had a huge redtail catfish from the amazon that ate the rubber suction cups off my tank heater. He tried to eat anything rocks included.

i cought him on a jig. I had a white and black doll fly. It was my first cast. I thought i had a snag but when i tuged on it he took off. I thought it was a gar but it was a carp.

Top Bottom