Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cedar Rapids Antlerless Bowhunt

avidhunter

Have any of you guys read and/or heard all the bullsh*t editorials and press, hunters are getting on this controversial issue?!?

Makes me sick. They go from having to shell out probably $100k or more to hire sharpshooters to cull the deer, to having hunters PAY for the damn tags, and all they can do is whine about how inhumane, unsafe and savage bowhunting is?!@*&%^(*!#^$
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I can't believe the special season tags aren't FREE.

Any bowhunters interested have to go through a rigorous qualification program, where I've heard that one has to land 4 out of 5 arrows in a baseball sized target at 30 yds?!?!?!? [While this is not an issue with some archers, the average hunter can likely hit a softball sized target at 30]

SO BASICALLY bowhunters are expected to pickup the tab to bail out the city of its deer problem, spend time qualifying for the special hunt...AND we get flack for it?
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Makes me kind of wish all bowhunters would boycott the entire deal, and force the City of Cedar Rapids to pay through the nose...
smirk.gif

I took a proficiency test the other day at Palisades State Park east of Cedar Rapids which enables me to purchase some of the 100 antlerless tags offered at the park this year. The test was fairly simple, three out of five arrows in a nine inch circle at 20 yards. The only difficult thing about it was having someone watching you. Probably not a big deal for most, but I get stage fright fairly easily.
smirk.gif
The test you describe normally wouldn't be a problem for most either, but when you know you've got an audience and the fact that you know getting a tag rely's on how well you shoot those five arrow's, it would seem to make it that much more difficult. As far as the cost goes, the Palisades tags are exactly the same as any antlerless tag. (27 for the first and 12 thereafter) I've always thought it was a bunch of hoo haw to charge so much for something they seem to really need to get rid of.

Yah, that seems to make it even more difficult.
grin.gif
I went back out the next morning and shot for them, the results were a little better.
smile.gif

Top Bottom