Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chainsaws

JoeJeep

Hello there newbe here. I am in the market for a Chainsaw. I just purchased a outdoor woodburner and I need a new chainsaw. I have a Sears that was gave to me but I am looking for something in the 20" bar range. Just wondering what people in here have and like or dislike.

Thanks
Joe

Welcome!

I recently purchased a small Stilh and am thrilled with it. It's only a 16" that was used for storm clean up, but it seems to be a real go getter. I've also heard good things about Huskys...

I have had great success with my stihl MS 170. I use the crap out of it on my TSI projects and except for regular maintenance it always cranks up and has plenty of power.

Stihl....it'll last forever

I had a little Remington(yeah they made chainsaws) back when I was 10 or 11. Dad let me cut firewood for the shop with it. Surprisingly, I never notched my leg with it. I think I spent more time working on the saw than cutting with it.

I cut 15 to 20 pickup loads of firewood every year, and love my Stihl 310 with a 20" bar. My father-in-law has had a Stihl 029 for a long time, and hasn't had a bit of trouble with it. He cut at least ten loads of wood a year with it for 10 years or so. Good saws. I haven't heard too many bad things about the Husky's either, and the parts are more readily available. I'm just more partial to the Stihl's myself.

I have a stihl farm boss it's very versitile it come with 18 or 20 " bar don't settle for anything less than a stihl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YJJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering what people in here have and like or dislike. Thanks Joe </div></div>
hoofline.gif

This is the kind I like and use:
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
professional-center.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

I burned firewood to heat my home for about 15 years and have also been involved with a lot of TSI work.

For firewood I would stick to a 18 bar though. I have owned Stihl, Husqvarna, Jonsered, and Dolmar. IMO these are the best saws on the market and you can't go wrong with any of them. Make sure you have a dealer/saw shop close by that will provide you good service for what ever model you choose.

I did a lot of TSI work with this Dolmar and it just plain kicks a$$! Go to some of the logging and timber cutting sites and they will all be using one of these 4 saws. Stihl saws seem to be a bit heavier when comparing similar models. I still have a Stihl 046 Mag for dropping larger trees.

837dolmar.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stihl....it'll last forever </div></div>

Sure will.. I believe my old man has had the same Stihl for about 20+ years and it still runs like a champ. He keeps it serviced well and the blade sharp.

Hey thanks for the imput looks like maybe a Stihl is in the future for me. (I know a lady that named her kid after a chainsaw) Stihl.... spelled the same even I believe.

Top Bottom