changing shotgun bead?

flugge

Hey guys, anyone know how hard it is to change a front sight on a remington 870? My dad is wanting a truglo sight on it, and its just the metal bead. i dont want a magentic one, I want something that is going to go on and stay on. All it is, is a metal bead. Just so you guys know. Thanks for all the help

I too, have a remington 870. However, i'm not all that familiar with the tru glo. I assume you're talking about a scope? If thats the case, there are two pins on the side of the gun above the trigger area that can be taken out. You can then buy a scope mount/rail that mounts in those pin holes there and thus the scope mounts on it. Maybe thats not what a tru glo is but this might give you another option.

I am looking at just changing the bead, no scope... I take it that if its pressed in there is no changing by myself? Pry have to take it to a gunsmith?

If you get the Tru-Glo that is ment to snap onto the vent rib of the 870, you do not need to remove the bead. I have one on my meat gun and have also put one on my son's 20 ga. and have had no problems with them wanting to come off. And my meat gun has seen some tuff days in the duck boat. It has been on for over ten years.

Back