Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Charlie Alsheimer 2012 rut prediction

MBBobby

Has anybody looked at charlie alsheimers 2012 rut prediction? I have been following it the last couple years but I haven't seen the dates for 2012 yet.

Has anybody looked at charlie alsheimers 2012 rut prediction? I have been following it the last couple years but I haven't seen the dates for 2012 yet.

Haven't seen it, but I am going to guess that Iowa will be somewhere around November 10th, plus or minus a few days. :D

Nah, I haven't looked at it. Never have, never will. I say here in Iowa November 3rd-13th and you'll be sitting pretty good! Weather is a huge factor of course.

Nah, I haven't looked at it. Never have, never will. I say here in Iowa November 3rd-13th and you'll be sitting pretty good! Weather is a huge factor of course.
On whether the activity is during the day or at night during those dates. ;)

I admire and enjoy C.A.'S articles and pictures, however, at the Southeast Deer Study Group Meeting several years ago a paper was presented that was pretty darn conclusive that his theory just doesn't hold water. Over 20 years of fetal back dating studies in various parts of the country concluded that the rut in a given area pretty much occurs at the same time each year....you just may not observe due to high temps.....which could suppress daytime activity.........the does are getting bred...just not as much during the daylight hours.....hunt when you can....certainly if you have the flexibility to take advantage of a cold spell ....do it

This years calendar is looking pretty darn good. November 3 thru 11th is when I bet 90% of bowhunters will take vacation this year. Any time from halloween on is game time.

Every year I have been in Iowa,,so far,,,first half of Nov. has been warm. Right now,,trending warm..Expect weather to play a part for sure..

I have not seen his prediction, but FWIW, the October full moon is the 29th and the November full moon is the 28th. The Autumn equinox is October 22nd every year and IMO (with other factors included) that is when the daylight factor comes into play and triggers the does estrous cycle. To many guys just bank on a certain 10 days every year for vacation and hope for the best. Last year in NE Iowa, the 26th of Oct- the 5th of Nov were hands down the most rockin days of the year. With that said, I killed on the 17th of Nov, so basically watch the weather, play the wind, and do your homework (scouting) and any time between Oct 1st and Nov 30th could be your day. :way:

Top Bottom