Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chiggers

Thanks Sligh and Loneranger, I was leaning towards mixing it a little strong as well. I may go roll around in the grass just to exact some revenge on those little bastards!! ;)

My dad, god rest his soul, used to get them real bad at times. One time we went fishing at the quarry where we lived and he got into them pretty bad. So bad in fact they were all over his buddies, if you know what i mean. I can still here him cussing and swearing all over the place, damn near pissin my pants thinking about it. Thanks for the post, brought back some good memories and fun times.

Cover them with finger nail polish. It'll smother them. I prefer clear!! Had to stop on trip to Canada at target just for polish once. I know how ya feel

Instant chigger repelent

there are a couple companies that make bug/chigger,tick proof under layer
I have 2 sets of these upper and lower pieces. super lightweight and absolutely works, i never get chiggers. I think my are called bug skins or something like that. they are like a second skin and will not allow the bugs to get on your skin. when i get home i remove them and put them in the freezer, any bugs on there are dead quickly. remove and ready to wear again.

Maybe bugs don't like me I never get chiggers or mosquitoes. However ticks are another story but I can usually feel them on my legs so they don't get very far.

If you have the bites, paint clear fingernail polish over them and leave it for a day or so. It suffocates the chiggers and kills them.

The season is coming- had a tick on me Sunday! Some good info on this thread for ticks and chigger repellents

Had a deer tick on me Friday. The spot still itches. If it does not stop itching by Tuesday, I'm going in to have it looked at. Way to many people in my area have been dealing with Limes Disease the last few years.

Ticks out in full force. I have my outdoor clothes sprayed and prepped with the P spray. Been out in the fields with them, as usual-NO TICKS- crawling on them. I did find oneback the beginning of the week slightly attached to an old scar way down on my lower back. The land was still frozen at that time, thot I was still safe. I just had untreated clothes on. I treated the sight with Iodine,Bleach,everything I had. Holding off going to the Doc for Antibiotics. I have gone to her over the yrs, but tired of running there every time. Crossing fingers. No symptoms. Thing was not attached very well.

Just make sure the tick on you doesn't have a white spot on its back (lonestar tick). That is what supposibly made me allergic to beef!

Deer ticks carry Lime,,LoneStar carry some other Virus, now,, that is very Bad too. Bottom line all these dang things are bad. Spray on the P- Spray heavy on your clothes is all I can say. Deep woods Off and Avon skin-so-soft, Oil on your body. With all that you will probably get some kind of Cancer, but all in all you can't win I guess :mad:

Top Bottom