Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Climbing Stand Question

deeraddict

PMA Member
I have a Summit climber that I bought used. I see in some of the adds for new ones a strap of some sort between the top and bottom platform. Mine does not have this. What is it for and should I have it?

I have a Summit climber that I bought used. I see in some of the adds for new ones a strap of some sort between the top and bottom platform. Mine does not have this. What is it for and should I have it?

Yes you need the strap...all climbers do. If the bottom section slips off your feet while climbing and you can't reach it you are screwed. The strap keeps the 2 sections together and within reach. You can just use a piece of rope to tie the two together.

Absolutely need the strap! The fist time your bottom section falls while climbing and leaves you hanging 15' up in a tree, you'll realize what that strap was for.

Absolutely need the strap! The fist time your bottom section falls while climbing and leaves you hanging 15' up in a tree, you'll realize what that strap was for.

Although others have already said, in the interest of safety I will reiterate...this strap is a vital safety feature, please don't use a 2 part climber without one!

I have a climber and I can think of at least one time that I would have been in a real predicament without the rope attaching the parts of the stand to each other.

My first climber I bought ten years ago had a piece of rope that came with it. I found out the hard way what it was for. Luckily I was in great shape,or I would not be typing this. I had to hang by my arms,fully stretched and was able to pull the bottom section back up and secured it. Never go without strap,and be sure the bottom section is still within comfortable reach. When it falls,even with strap secured,It can wedge at an angle. SHORT STRAP IS BETTER THAN TOO LONG

I used to use a climber quite a bit and mine has a rope connecting the top and bottom for climbing safety and then two separate straps that you connect and tighten down once the climber is positioned for the hunt.

The two stabilizer straps keep the seat from moving when you stand up and they also keep the bottom section from shifting or tipping from side to side if uneven pressure is applied, like if you move to one side of the stand.

I would recommend having both the safety rope and the two stabilizer straps.

They are very important. My personal opion is to have a one that is not to long or it can get wedged in between the tree and your stand when climbing, it does'nt hurt anything but is a inconvenience to try to get it out when climbing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom