Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

clover and bean plots

flugge

I cleared about a 2 acre patch to plant both clover and beans. I however have a bunch of weeds coming up in both since this is a new plot. We had a lack of rain so nothing took off real good this spring, but now everything is popping good. What should I go in and spray with (would like to do both with one spray if possible) Any help or direction would be great, I would like to get the weeds knocked down asap..but 4 inches of rain today will hurt that a little bit

Depends on what the weeds are. If its mostly grass you can spray clethodim with crop oil, if its mostly broadleaf you could spray butyrac (2-4db) on the clover only. Its a good chance your soybeans are roundup ready, if that't the case I would hit that with glyphosate. If you dont know, just spray a little area and what a week, see if it kills them. You could even get by spraying clover with glyphosate but I have never had the nerve to try it.

Like above said- u will need to do different sprays.
If it were me- I'd take the time to do it right. Gly for beans.
Clover... Depends on weeds, like above said - 2,4d-b for broadleaf (butyrac) and seperate tank (don't mix in same tank) of clethodim & crop oil for grass. I'd consider mowing as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys. I am fine with spraying two different sprays if needed. It is broadleaf issues I am having, as it was an old pine tree bed that got tilled under and now just that. No grass...yet...ha... so again, thanks guys!!

Top Bottom