Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coach Tags Out Bow - Video

Coach

It took me a week to recover after my post hunt celebration. So after catching up on work and family, I'm posting it for the crew.
It had been a long season for me, many, many days in the stand. My patience was beginning to wear thin around the 12th, and I had to re-evaluate why I love hunting. It's not the kill, it's the experience and the time shared. The next day I was back on my A game.
The morning of the 15th we had a NW wind and I had a new stand that I wanted to sit placed in a small bottleneck along a river. My man Canjo was on the video camera for me and we walked in about ten minutes after day break. We hung a couple fresh tarsal glands in some tree branches and got settled in to our stands. We joked a little and kept a watchful eye. About 30 minutes in Canjo informed me that a buck was coming in from the West. I turned, saw him at 100 yards, and knew right away he was arrow worthy. He kept on course following the bottleneck and trail in front of me. I drew on him as he was entering the boundaries of my shooting range, he stopped, looked, and kept walking. As I followed him with my 20 yard pin he hit an open area, dead broadside. I gave him a soft bleat and the second he paused, I squeezed one off. The shot went off so fast and quiet it seemed like a dream. The buck turned and ran about 15 yards, stopped, looked to his left, and started to do the dance. He went about 23 yards and dropped 38 yards from my stand. I was overcome with adrenaline and emotion and almost took a dive out of my stand. I really don't care about scores, never have. I'm sure a lot would like to know so I'll. He was a clean 12, scored 165 with no brow tines, they were snapped off. -
I was fortunate enough to have my great friend Canjo there with me to video and share this great moment. It's been incredible hunting this year, I hope you feel the same.

PS: I dedicated this hunt to my good friend John JOHNBOY Myers who is in Kuwait fighting for our freedom. I shot the buck wearing his hunting boots, I think his luck wore off on me. Take a moment to pray for John and all our forces this season. We couldn't live and hunt like we do if it wasn't for them.

<span style="color: #FF0000">
Watch a video Clip Here.</span>
Coach's 12 point clip

COACH2007.jpg

Love, Grunts & Gutt Piles,
COACH.

Congrats Coach! That's a great buck on killer video! Looks like you guys have been laying them down!

Thanks Chris, it was an amazing hunt. Let the smoke roll baby!!!

Top Bottom