Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coach's Lament

Coach

I passed this 145" 10 point last Saturday morning. Now after reviewing the video tape and looking at the calendar, I'm wondering if I'm an idiot. I had the buck at 8 yards broadside on video, but deceided to pass on him. He is a dandy, but just a little shy of having it all. Ironwood had a trail cam pic of him from across the road. I'm sure them hot dogs will taste good this winter!
smirk.gif
Here's what he looks like. I guess I had too much time to inspect his rack. I watched him for about 3 hours bedded with a doe in front of my stand. Hopefully the deer gods will reward me.

54711-12-05_031resized.jpg

First instincts usually are the best instincts. If you wouldn't have been happy with him and will be happy with hot dogs this winter, you did the right thing!
wink.gif
For me, if the buck don't make me jump outta my skin grabbing for my bow then he don't get shot, plain and simple. He'll be a pig next year if he makes it.

If it were me, I would be calling myself an idiot. J/K

On the other hand you cant grow booners if you shoot them b4 they get there. I bet your choice will pay dividends down the road, at least for someone
grin.gif

blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Best of luck the rest of the season coach!

Hopefully you shoot him next year and you will convince yourself you did the right thing
grin.gif
Myself, I would have shot it but it would have been my biggest buck with a bow. Good Luck!

Coach-

It takes a lot of discipline to be able to make a decision like that. I think that your actions speak greatly for the level of respect you have for the deer you harvest
bow.gif
. Don't look back....your patience will be rewarded.

Iowa1 that may be the most understated thing anyone has ever said about Coach...
grin.gif

I agree he would have got the stick bud! But, I bet you come up with something bigger!

Coach! You are nuts!
laugh.gif
No just kidding! Patience and persistance pays off, so by letting him walk you may get another shot at a bigger buck! Who knows, you may even get a shot at this big boy a couple of years from now! Everything happens for a reason.

P.S.-What is your favorite brand of hot dogs? I may be nice and buy you a pack....
blush.gif

Limb, I've always disagreed with "size matters". This time I may have had clouded judgment. I'm going full court press starting tomorrow! Times a tickn'

Top Bottom