Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold Buck

liv4archery

PMA Member
Does anybody remember that post with the pictures of that buck that was floating around in a half frozen river. If so, do you remember what the name of the post was?

SDbuck, I've got the photos if that's what you want to see...

I just got an email this morning from a buddy who said his buddy's dad is the one that took the pics and told me where he took the pics at, not too far from one of my shed hunting spots... not sure I believe it.

That is the reason I am asking because I am getting these same photos e-mailed to me left and right and they are claiming to have been taken around the Big Sioux River. The area looks familiar to a GPA North of Hudson but I doubt the validity of the photos as I remember seeing these on this sight a couple of months ago.

I figured as much. Dietz, nice job on that buck from NH. To me, that is the ultimate trophy, to take a pope and young deer on quite possibly the most heavily pressured public land in SD.

Ya, that's kind of what I thought. My buddy's email this morning said they have been hunting this deer for 2 years and it is in between Hawarden and Alcestor.

Although the area where I shed hunt down by Hawarden has produced 2 bucks close to that big in the last 5 yrs... this year the landowner and his friend shot a 167 and a 163 5x5's... pretty respectable for two guys who only hunt a couple of days a yr.

Guys, guys, guys. These pics were taken last November in north central Minnesota by a woman who was taking a walk around their property. The river is the Crow Wing . These pics appeared in a publication called the "Outdoor News" around the 1st of Dec. You can check out their website and verify all I have said here. What I'm claiming here can be proven. They are pics of a Minnesota deer swimming the Crow Wing River last November. All other claims are false and some are out right lies.

It always amazes me what kind of stories pop-up surrounding some photos. These pics have been claimed to be from the Red Deer River in Alberta. Also claimed to be from the North Battleford River in Saskatchewan.

Call the Outdoor News and verify the photos for yourself.

And I'll bet the pics have been rumoured to come from at least another 100 rivers Dan.
crazy.gif
Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom