Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold Feet

you will love the iwom. hade one for several years now. it's the cats meow for stand hunting. walk in with muck arctic boots and fairly light clothing. climb in the suit and all is good.

best 300 bucks I ever spent on hunting cloths. you can spend an extra $1000 for fancy name brand synthetic fabric or wool coats and bibs, but you won't be any warmer!

Reactions: HWC
I’m getting an IWOM for XMAS. Fingers crossed it works as advertised.

Right now I wear an uninsulated boot and thin wool sock to the tree, layer a heavier pair on top, and use boot blankets. Fine until wind chills dip below 30 or its snow out, then I go to the Baffin insulated boots.

Boot blankets are fine, but those along with hauling a jacket and all the extra clothes, on top of my stand and sticks make late season hunting a PITA.
I think you will love it. I literally wear my tennis shoes if it's 30 degrees out. Sure makes an easy walk to the stand. If under 30 I wear light hiking boots and wool socks but could just do shoes if not a long hunt. Most of the time I don't even zip my feet shut because it's easier to move around in the stand. You have to shuffle your feet if you have them zipped enclosed. Although scent would be more of an issue with tennis shoes. I have hunted below zero windchill in this suit without having my feet get cold, but I don't sit all day. Most of my hunts are 3ish hours. That below zero day was super windy. Only thing cold were my eyeballs.

I will say it won't be easy to zip your boots shut if you wear large boots, but I don't think you will need heavy boots. I ordered a size larger than I thought I would need and glad I did. I think I've had mine 3 years now and it's still going strong. I used to stay away from bow hunting if it was below 20 degrees or so but now wouldn't hesitate if my tag wasn't filled or I wasn't doing late muzzle loader.

Hope that bad boy is big enough. Just from that pic 1 size bigger may be good. Give it a test run and you will know what I'm talking about once sitting in a tree stand trying to zip your feet in. Especially if wearing much for a jacket underneath. I'm not an expert by far and that may be perfect. Enjoy!

Something else that helps me is not going to the woods on an empty stomach.

A fatty meal keeps the furnace stoked for better circulation, at least for me.

My wife swears by Alpaca socks- something about them she’s never had cold deer again. But- she wears a light pair in and then adds the other pair at the stand
Alpaca socks is the answer. bulky socks cut off circulation & causing sweating feet which then become cold immediately. I have worn non-insulated boots for years & now can get some insulated ones as my feet are no longer sweating from walking in.

Alpaca socks is the answer. bulky socks cut off circulation & causing sweating feet which then become cold immediately. I have worn non-insulated boots for years & now can get some insulated ones as my feet are no longer sweating from walking in.
Just got 3 pair from kids for xmas! Super comfortable!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Buy a pair of military Mickey Mouse boots. Cheap, warm and easier to walk in than they look.
The light colored ones? Got a pair years ago and they kept my feet toasty. If I am not out very
long, I don't even wear socks (my feet sweat when wearing socks). When one developed a crack,
I looked around for another pair and found they were practically non-existent, but finally found
an outlet. The new pair were much thicker at the top and rubbed on my lower legs, irritating
them. Repaired the old ones and wear them once again. If only I could find another pair just
like them!!!!

Top Bottom