Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold front

Ohh it's coming guys just hang in there. My buddy rattled in 5 bucks in 20 minutes last night. Shot a respectable 8 pt.

Had a tempting 3 year old ten with a drop tine and split brows under my tree about 45 minutes ago. Been a fun morning so far.

3 does and a spike.Spike had his nose to the ground looking for anything he could pick up. Then a pack of 6 yotes decided to roam the field...

Had my #1 target at 10 yds this morn. Doe caught me and took him into the next county I'm sure. Prob last I'll see of him.

Saw zero deer yesterday in a 9 hr sit. So far been in the Stand since 7 and had 1 2.5yr old 8 come in right as I was pulling bow up. Sitting 50-75 yds in off the south edge of big timber. Farmer is combining yesterday and today. He keeps me updated....he has seen 5 in the corn today so hopefully they get their act together and come to the timber.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Big Grunt

I was in the stand this morning and I grunted and I heard a loud grunt back. I thought geez this good, there is nice buck up the ridge on the neighbors. Tried it again, this time I hear rattling and it sounded like a rattle bag. Sure enough it was the neighbor hunting...

He got real excited when I rattled, he grunted like crazy.:D

I'm not sure he ever figured it out that it was another hunter. Made for a good laugh anyway!!:D

One deer, one stinking deer in the past 15 hrs on stand what gives? I can understand yesterday a little but today? C'mon man.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Yesterday afternoon, 3.5 hours, one small buck that was just wandering around, two deer I didn't get a good look at, think one was a little spike I saw last weekend. Neighbor decides to empty his pistol at his target around 3:30.

Went to a different property this morning, 5 hours, two small bucks, both just meandering around. Neither seemed in a hurry. Heard the neighbor rattle 3 different series.

Not seeing deer cruising with a mission, mouth open, tongue out.

Same for me yesterday. Does and fawns in the morning. Three small bucks in the evening just wandering around browsing in the timber. Nothing seemed to excited to get anywhere.

Top Bottom