Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold weather gear

Fulldrw

I just got a good pair of insulated bibs last year however i really don't have a good cold weather jacket. I want something that will keep me warm in temps from around 30 on down. I really don't want too much bulk either b/c i bowhunt mostly in that cold weather. Does anybody have any suggestions?

i have the scent blocker outfitter series jacket and with the right layers underneath its perfect.... it also has the wind blocker so no worries there either i think its worth the price....

UnderArmour ColdGear leggings and top for a base layer.

Amazing stuff and worth every penny.

I'm on my second season with some ArticShield insulated bibs. Can't say I've ever gotten cold in them
waytogo.gif

I am starting to believe more and more that its all about the layers... I would say you can find lots of good options out there, but it comes down to personal preference. I am very anti parka. Most of the time the pockets are horrible and they are way too bulky for a bowhunter. Get something with windstopper either in the outter layer or in an under layer. I can get through most of the cold with Under Armour, X-static poly underwear, turtleneck, windstopper fleece, and a bowhunter scentlok coat (which is uninsulated).

[ QUOTE ]
UnderArmour ColdGear leggings and top for a base layer.

Amazing stuff and worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally Agree.I waer them at work and hunting.They take alot of the bite out of the cold.

Usually my cold weather "outfit" consists of under armor top and bottom, turtle neck, button down shirt, fleece vest, and then my lightweight scentblocker jacket. I was wondering, how is the grey wolf woolens for warmth? I'm pretty much with those that said windstopper is pretty important b/c i don't really get cold until the wind starts to hit me so if i could get something to stop that.

I also don't like to wear an actual coat while bowhunting. I have and really like the windshear sweater from Cabela's. It is warm on it's own and when layered is great.

Top Bottom