Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

COMBO FARM WANTED- SC IOWA & ?'s

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Sold one of my farms :(:eek::confused::) Mixed emotions. Looking for 100 to 1500 acres in SC Iowa. Stuff that isn't listed (easy to go across whole market pretty quick) & pocket listings, etc. I'd be fine with repaying a private party somehow ($, some type of hunting, whatever) - totally fine, whatever works for folks - if I find some replacements folks could pass on. (A ton of guys are tire kicking, time wasters & low ballers to a ridiculous degree... On flip side, some sellers are insane as well with ridiculous outerspace prices. I'm not a time waster & I'm ready. No contingencies on financing or anything).

Maybe 25-70% timber and it will be amazingly well taken care of & managed. Private party, no realtors (save tens of thousands) or obviously a realtor could make something too if they found something. Going to be a Conservation family farm I take some friends/family on & leave it far better than I found it.
Any help greatly appreciated!!! *And yes, I realize there may be a small % of folks upset people are buying up land, really not feeling like a debate or sob story on that front. Every single acre of my family's farms were sold the 2nd year I got into hunting, I had ZERO places to go. I get it BUT at the same time, not wanting a debate.

BTW- say I wanted to finance a portion, what's the best rates folks r seeing now? longer term locks of course. thanks a lot guys! can PM me or skipsligh AT Hotmail.com

With all the hype about land prices, I sincerely wish you good luck on finding a landowner who isn't looking to make a killing on a sale.

I'm sure there are a few out there, but it's going to be the exception, I would think.

As morbid as it might sound, you might want to watch the obits in the area newspapers, cross referenced to the tax assessors site. Heirs can be highly motivated to sell.

With all the hype about land prices, I sincerely wish you good luck on finding a landowner who isn't looking to make a killing on a sale.

I'm sure there are a few out there, but it's going to be the exception, I would think.

As morbid as it might sound, you might want to watch the obits in the area newspapers, cross referenced to the tax assessors site. Heirs can be highly motivated to sell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
I am enjoying the challenge. And it sure is a challenge!!! I'm about 65% of the way done. Still looking if anyone knows of anything. Even if extremely hard situations, deals can get done and there are plenty of reasonable folks out there for those willing to do the work and look/talk and network. If know of others, please let me know but good luck to all!

Sold one of my farms :(:eek::confused::) Mixed emotions. Looking for 100 to 1500 acres in SC Iowa. Stuff that isn't listed (easy to go across whole market pretty quick) & pocket listings, etc. I'd be fine with repaying a private party somehow ($, some type of hunting, whatever) - totally fine, whatever works for folks - if I find some replacements folks could pass on. (A ton of guys are tire kicking, time wasters & low ballers to a ridiculous degree... On flip side, some sellers are insane as well with ridiculous outerspace prices. I'm not a time waster & I'm ready. No contingencies on financing or anything).

Maybe 25-70% timber and it will be amazingly well taken care of & managed. Private party, no realtors (save tens of thousands) or obviously a realtor could make something too if they found something. Going to be a Conservation family farm I take some friends/family on & leave it far better than I found it.
Any help greatly appreciated!!! *And yes, I realize there may be a small % of folks upset people are buying up land, really not feeling like a debate or sob story on that front. Every single acre of my family's farms were sold the 2nd year I got into hunting, I had ZERO places to go. I get it BUT at the same time, not wanting a debate.

BTW- say I wanted to finance a portion, what's the best rates folks r seeing now? longer term locks of course. thanks a lot guys! can PM me or skipsligh AT Hotmail.com

I have the perfect farm for you....

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom