Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Concerning lone wolf stands

bpul2113

I am sure most know this but after reading Dougs mishap I thought I would chime in becasue it is unclear to me the exact strap use he was using. I may be completely wrong but it sounds like he was using the hook as the primary stand strap and another strap at bottom of stand. The hook is used only as stand holding tool while the primary straps are attached. This stand requires the use of the 2 loop ended pull tightener straps. The hook strap should be removed completely when hunting in the stand.

I am grateful he is ok, could have turned out differently.

BTW Adding ratchet straps are not recommended by manufacturer, they actually make the stands use more dangerous. I know alot of you will not believe that but call Lone Wolf and ask them, they will explain the physics of why they should not be used.

Last edited:
You are to use the hook and a strap on the top versa button while hunting. The mistake is putting the strap on the bottom versa button. I have extra straps so I use the hook and two straps.

The hook should be used while hunting per instructions from Lone Wolf Treestands.

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

I have never used the EZ hang hook that came with the stand. My understanding is that you have to take off the offset bracket that is on the stand in order to use the EZ hang hook? I like the idea of the EZ hang hook, but I don't want to lose the versatility of the offset bracket. The offset bracket and adjustable platform/seat is kind of the whole reason I bought the stand, in order to be able to hang and hunt almost anywhere and adjust to whatever tree works.

Cooter is correct, that's what the instructions are per Lone Wolf. Anything can break, even when used correctly, that is why we should all use safety belts all the time, every time. Also life lines are great as well. Lone wolf also recommends new straps every few years.

We always use the hook and one strap on the bottom versa button. Never had any problems, but also didn't know we were doing it wrong. we just make sure the hook is set correctly and the bottom strap is tight before entering the stand.

I personally use two straps along with the hook, when I just put one strap on the top button the stand seems to be too mobile to me. I think the reason for not using the bottom button with the hook is that if the stand raises up off the hook, there would be a lot of leverage on that bottom strap and it could break.

You are to use the hook and a strap on the top versa button while hunting. The mistake is putting the strap on the bottom versa button. I have extra straps so I use the hook and two straps.

The hook should be used while hunting per instructions from Lone Wolf Treestands.

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

This is what I thought.

I am sure most know this but after reading Dougs mishap I thought I would chime in becasue it is unclear to me the exact strap use he was using. I may be completely wrong but it sounds like he was using the hook as the primary stand strap and another strap at bottom of stand. The hook is used only as stand holding tool while the primary straps are attached. This stand requires the use of the 2 loop ended pull tightener straps. The hook strap should be removed completely when hunting in the stand.

I am grateful he is ok, could have turned out differently.

BTW Adding ratchet straps are not recommended by manufacturer, they actually make the stands use more dangerous. I know alot of you will not believe that but call Lone Wolf and ask them, they will explain the physics of why they should not be used.

I am not buying that ratchet straps make a stand more dangerous. The ratchet straps I use are way stronger than any tree stand straps in the market.

Top Bottom