Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

condensation on camera**help

khopp4

alright all you trail camera freaks. I need help. Im getting a lot of pictures in the middle of the night that are really foggy and in the morning my cameras are full of dew/condensation. IS there anything I can do to prevent this?

Do you think cat crap or rainx on the lens would help. Or should I put a hood over the top?

I am not sure, but you may have moisture inside the camera. Have you checked the seal to see if you have water getting in? It may just need to be dried out and sealed better.

I haven't tried it yet but heard that if you put a small "dessicant pack" in the camera housing(assuming there is room)it can help a bunch....they are those little square packs or round tubes you sometimes find in prescription bottles and other consumer goods that need to stay dry....good luck

Just a guess, we are talking about moisture on the outside of the camera, not inside. Same dew that is on your lawn or on your car in the morning. If that is the case, camera location is the key. Put it on a fence out in the open, expect dew. Middle of the woods, no dew.

I make a small 3 sided tin cover with a roof that hangs over a inch or so keeps moisture off the camera and keeps tree rats making a meal out of your plastic camera. Had two 400 dollar trail cameras made into a meal twice. Just get some camo paint works great !! Plastic must taste like acorns ??

Top Bottom