Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Congrats to Releasehunter

B

boatman

I got a call last night after work, it was Joe asking for some tracking help. I hopped in the truck and met him at the hunting spot. He wasnt sure of his hit and had givin it plenty of time before tracking. As it turns out, he had put a lethal shot on a dandy doe,
she only went about 40 yards from his stand. After the feild dressing was done, he explained to me this was his first deer ever with a bow. I am pretty happy I could be part of it by helping him. Congrat's Joe!!! There will be many more to come!!!

Pat

Pass my congrats on to Joe boatman.. Way to to go.
grin.gif

Thanks to all and a very special thanks to Pat, AKA....Boatman for all your help. This was a blast and one thing that I would like to comment on is it is a priveledge to be a part of the IOwaWhitetail.com community of brothers and sisters! You all are great people and I hope I get the chance to hunt or shoot some 3-D tournaments next year with some of you.

I took my doe to the locker this morning and they think I will get about 80 pounds of meat from this ole doe. Estimates on her place her around 8-10 years old. She sure was grey!

I am working on getting the picture downloaded now and will get it on here as soon as I can. Thanks again everyone.

Joe
aka ReleaseHunter

Edit: Here is the picture. I shaved last night after getting my first deer as I had promised my wife I would do. I did have a beard when Boatman helped me.
smile.gif

3859Joe_and_his_first_bow_deer-med.jpg

3859Joe_s_1st_Bow_Deer-med.jpg

I would like to thank my wife for her support and the fact that she was eager to takes these pictures. I also wanna thank my 3 sons...my future hunting partners.

Thanks Furdog. Actually the wait wasn't too bad. I waited in the stand for about 10 minutes, packed my stuff up and went to get down. The hardest thing was when I realized her fawn was still behind me. I finally climbed down and went to where I shot her, retrieved my arrow and then went to my truck to call for help. She was found an hour or a little more than an hour later, 40 yards from the stand.

Edited per request of another member.

Joe

That's fantastic, ReleaseHunter! What a "Monster Doe". Better get her entered in the Rollin in the Does Contest here on IW.

A big congrats of your first bow kill. I hope that by next year I'll be slinging arrows well enough to be posting a similar picture.

Well done!

Congrats!! A big mature "long nose" like that is a trophy any time.... ecspecialy with a bow!! Great Job.

Woody

Thank you woody. I thought of being a little different and was going to have it mounted since it was my first bow kill. But thought I would be laughed at for having a doe mounted.
smirk.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Congrats on your first doe with a bow,may your second be a big buck!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom