Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Conservation officers using cell cams

From what I read it appears that this warden entered the property at will, whenever he was in the area. This is private land. Why would he need to go look at ponds on private property. That is how hunting accidents happen. Can you imagine having an officer who decided to walk thru your Bow only ground in Iowa during shotgun season just to make sure there was nothing being done incorrectly, thereby pushing deer onto neighboring properties. While I can understand that they hated this guy and wanted to bust him, it isn't justification for trampling everyone else's property rights.

My lawyer and his wife who is also a lawyer have a doormat on their front porch. It says "Come back with a warrant"

"Come back with a warrant" love it!

Laws are only for us dumb law abiding citizens. They don't apply to criminals and LEO's.

After reading the second article sounds to me like the dude got off easy. I'm not saying I'm for them putting up cameras on private property but he and his buddies had it coming.

After reading the second article sounds to me like the dude got off easy. I'm not saying I'm for them putting up cameras on private property but he and his buddies had it coming.
Ya- I caught that at the end after posting above. Why it’s important to read to end & read part 2 ;). Pry a shady dude. But- there’s guys who aren’t shady that get targeted & put through ringer every year.

Support law enforcement but there’s some bad apples & corruption through out the system…. I can understand folks being concerned about over zealous officers or the sentiment “find me the man and I’ll find the crime”.

Anybody without a warrant, that trespasses on my property, or breaks into my house, or vehicle, etc. and intentionally places a recording device... no rationalization negates that they trespassed or broke and entered my property. And they gifted me their recording devices.

The dude is/was a scumbag, but the LEO's abused their power and broke the law here.

Here's an Iowa DNR officer that absolutely needs to go. This was reported on back in 2015, but I've heard several accounts of him actually driving his suv/truck down the bike trail to pursue bicyclists that 'run' stop signs too. Good luck if you ever encounter this Barny Bad Ass in the field while hunting / fishing too. He's one that gives the rest of the good LEO's a bad name. I've got plenty of Barny stories about this one, and am sure there are several others on here do too. He likes to 'work' well outside of his jurisdiction too, and bully fellow hunters in the field. He's truly one of the, “find me the man and I’ll find the crime”, type LEO's.

Bicyclists fined $195 for stop sign violations on trail... https://www.kcci.com/article/bicyclists-fined-195-for-stop-sign-violations-on-trail-1/6911584

This is how it turned out... https://www.kcci.com/article/here-s-how-195-tickets-for-bicyclists-controversy-turned-out/6911859

"They're supposed to know the law and this guy clearly did not know what the law was because if he knew what the law was, he wouldn't be writing these tickets,"

I support LEOs and have many friends who are but this is nonsense. I don’t care how big of a dirt bag you are, the LEOs should have to folllow the law as well. They should not be held to a higher standard but should be held to the same one.

Top Bottom