Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

coon hunting

K

klages

i was just wanting to know if any of you do any coon hunting. wanting to know if you thought the coon hunting was any good. i thought it was pretty good. we treed alot of coon.

I killed one off my corn pile yesterday. I shot it from my bedroom window @ 25 yards.

We did fairly well the 1st 2 weeks of the season and then again the 2nd week of january. We had a couple young dogs this year so it was more of a learning season.

Killed all big coon the 1st couple weeks, including a 27 and a 30 lber (dad carries a scale in his coat). Must have been gettin ready for that snow we got.

Klages you might of done a little better if you would of had ya a couple good Walker dogs, instead of them damn black dogs.

Use to LOVE coonhunting! Haven't done it in years. Didn't know anyone really ever done it anymore. What kind of dogs do you have? Use to have some exteemly good Walkers with good bloodlines. Towards the end we couldn't cover the expense for dogfood the prices for hides got so cheap. Whats a good pelt bringing these days? Back in my younger days I use to be able to skin a coon in tad bit over a minute. The last time I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago it took me 5 minutes!

I don't coon hunt my g-pa lives in melcher and has a few good walker dogs i think they are the stylish bloodlines, klages is one of my buddys and he really sucks cuz he hunts black dogs and well they pretty much suck lol
grin.gif

Top Bottom