Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cost of Spraying?

loneranger

Is $40 an acre, a reasonable charge for spraying round up? I know someone who charges that. Is it high or low ? Thanks

That sounds High? I am new to these charges, that is why I asked. Guy did not tell me quarts per acre. I just told him I wanted it good and dead!! Only have a couple acres to do.

Although I have never yet paid for someone to come and spray I did talk this over with the local NRCS office just last week. He said that an average per acre cost to spray Roundup would be around $14.80. True or false, I do not know, but that is what he said.

Maybe the person you asked had a minimum charge or something, it may not be worth his time to spray 2 acres. For 2 acres you may be able to spray that yourself with a hand sprayer. I would guess that you could get that done in a couple of hours.

My initial reaction is that $40/acre sounds a bit high - unless as noted above it is for the small 1-2 acre plots. Generic roundup costs me just under $6/acre at the rate I spray. By the time you add fuel, time etc $14.80/acre sounds about right - for larger plots. I know I wouldn't haul my equipment etc for a few acres at that rate though. Bottom line, if you have a small plot of just a few acres, $40 might not be a bad rate - for a larger area it seems high. Just my .02 worth.

If I was hiring out, I wouldn't even do it for that price given my time, fuel, equipment, & spray. ISU custom rate survey may be much lower but those rates are for large agriculture fields.

I was told I could get mine sprayed for $6.00 an acre plus the cost of the chemical. I am just wanting some broadleaf and brush spray to thin out some poison ivy ,grape vine, and some small tree saplings in my CRP. I think 2 1/2 gallon of GRAZON in about $100. $40 an acre for Roundup doesn't sound that bad to me?

Once again I do this for a living. Just figured that it would cost $11.20 for RoundUp applied and $10.25 for a generic applied. Of course, I dont know how big of a field you have or any other circumstances, but $40 an acre sounds like they dont want to mess with it and are pricing it too high to have you go somewhere else. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom