Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coughing

lun115

Awsome Timing!!! I just got a sore throat/cold. Starting this Thursday, I will be in the treestand 7 of 12 days. Really hard to have deer under you when your coughing every 20 minutes.
Any one have any good remedies for stopping yourself from coughing in the stand? Do you think the smell of cough drops on my breath will make a big difference for scent control??? (I guess the smell of cough drops is better than the sound of me coughing all the time)

I would much rather risk putting out a little more scent if it means not coughing! If you play the wind right it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I've used cough drops to stop really bad coughs before but with a mild cough I just use plain ol red and white peppermints. Much cheaper!!

Whatever you use, be sure to unwrap several before you get out there. Hope you get better.

I always get a cough this time of year. Usually around harvest time. Luckily mine is done and gone already for the year, before I really spend time in the stand. I used cough drops last year and it didn't seem to make a difference. Good luck.

In addition to the vitamin c and cough drops, I'd start taking some Airborne now, as well. I know everyone says its supposed to be for preventative and not when you all ready have the "condition", but I've taken it multiple times when on a fire assignment and the crud shows up unexpectedly. With nothing to lose and needing to be at my best to fight wildfire, I started taking it and within 2 days the crud was gone. Of course, the 2 guys I was in the engine with weren't overly happy to have the crud, but I was kind enough to recommend Airborne! Its my "go-to" when I feel it coming on and it has always made a difference in the last 4 years since that first fire assignment.

I take a product called "Emergen-C" it is a packet of orange flavored powder that you mix with water that gives you 1000 mg of vitamin C plus 24 nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes,and 7 B vitamins. It seems to help keep the crud away. Wal Mart has it near the vitamins. If you do get a cough there is a throat spray called Chloraseptic that numbs that tickle in your throat that triggers a cough. Would not put off as much scent as a throat lozenge. Good luck. :way:

Vitamin C is a must. On top of that, I have found the best way to get ride of a cold is to drink a lot of water throughout the day. If you aren't peeing clear, you aren't getting enough.

Top Bottom