Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covert Code Black 3G

DeerHunter3

I recently purchased a code black 3g camera and cannot pick up enough signal on my farm to get the trail camera to work. I have tried the booster antenna that covert makes with no luck. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to try getting this thing to work???

Thanks,

It will not work. just like my cell phone on our farms down south.

Good to know...thanks Chip. I almost bought one of these today, but I was suspicious of it working well due to spotty cell reception in the area, so I bought another, more conventional model instead. (FWIW, my farm and one of Chip's family farms are pretty close to each other, so I think we both battle the same cell service issues.)

I recently purchased a code black 3g camera and cannot pick up enough signal on my farm to get the trail camera to work. I have tried the booster antenna that covert makes with no luck. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to try getting this thing to work??? Thanks,

Sell it to me at half price lol

If the farm is "iffy" on reception, it's surely going to be the highest area on the farm to give you best chances. Get that antenna to the top. Sometimes it will not work during times of high cell phone use or certain weather (don't ask me to explain the technical reasons why). I've had em take 2 days and all the sudden start sending pics but I know some pics are not going through. The real solution is to move em to another farm that does have solid signal or sell it & buy the Extreme 60, which is same cam without cell signal (In my opinion, the best cam made I've used and have had many going for 3 years without one being sent back - either extreme 60 or special ops, amazing quality).

Rural areas in Iowa are hit & miss with cell cams. Up by des moines and 30 miles from it, flawless. Then, it's just hit or miss on some areas. Some areas are fabulous & some, other methods need to be used.

If the farm is "iffy" on reception, it's surely going to be the highest area on the farm to give you best chances. Get that antenna to the top. Sometimes it will not work during times of high cell phone use or certain weather (don't ask me to explain the technical reasons why). ...

With my cell service and the location of my farm I normally battle getting good reception. For fun, I will try to do "live from the field" hunts here on IW via my phone and sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. You are right, if I am hunting a stand that is higher elevation and the weather is clear, I normally can pull it off. If I am hunting a stand at a lower elevation and/or it is cloudy, then I can rarely sustain a signal long enough to get the job done.

In fact, our highest elevation on the farm is an area that we creatively call "Highpoint", there I can connect all day long.

Guy in sioux city has the same problem and its been on craigslist for 3 months with no luck.

Top Bottom