Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

coyote hunting/trespass law

stickbow

stickbow
Tired of coyote hunters trespassing under guise of finding their dogs. The other night chased 2 off my food plot with guns no orange backtracked them in snow to fenceline to neighbors. They ran off other direction to highway while buddy came and got their truck then picked them up and brought back to neighbors where i had the buddys truck blocked from leaving. sheriff and I were waiting. They had dumped their guns and cases. Said they were looking for coyote dogs and had no guns with them. Also said I and daughter shot at them. Right!. Sheriff I and the trespassing father of the adult trespassing son walked in and he could not produce dog tracks but it was getting dark. DNR says no case as we could prove no guns and he said/she said regarding dogs vs trespass and hunting. This same scum bag son was caught on my cam with non coyote dog years ago but ID him too late as statute limitations expired. Any ideas???? How do we get possible legislation going? How worded???

My neighbor runs coyote dogs and inevitably runs our property which I don't have a problem with but he has been running them through before all the hunting seasons are finished. A little common courtesy would go a long way.

Top Bottom