Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cramps

moosehunter

PMA Member
Off topic but...........

Has anyone had really, really bad leg cramps? Last night after I got home from hunting I was comatosed on the couch when I was rudely awakened by my inner thighs cramped up so tight I thought the muscles were gonna snap. I could barely get my legs straight and to bend them only made them harder to staighten. Hell, it hurt so much I even felt light headed. Thankfully after 10 minutes or so I was able to walk it off and drink a bunch of water. I've had leg cramps before but nothing like this.

It's sometimes hell getting old...................

Ive had horrible cramps like that in my calves since I was a teenager. Some have been knotted up so bad and so long that theyll hurt for days afterwards. Im not sold on the eating more bananas, I eat them every week for the last 25 years and I still get those cramps every once in a while.

Haha, you sound like my old man. Stay well hydrated and get plenty of potassium like the guys above mentioned. That's pretty much the standard answer. Powerade is good for that.

There are otc leg cramp medications with quinine that work pretty well. I used it when my job required me to be up n down ladders all day..............ck

Orange Juice after you're done hunting, running, swimming, biking, ect and as stated earlier nanners lol

Bananas and lots of water. You should have at least 80 oz of water a day especially if you are doing a lot of walking or exercise. And I would say a 100 oz a day if you can. Keeping your body hydrated will help get rid of the cramps!

This one year during early muzzleloader it was like 85 degrees. I had to shoot a doe before a buck on the place I was hunting so that morning I didn't get a doe. I walked for about 4 to 5 hour midday try to stalk a doe but it didn't happen. I was foolish and was only drinking pop. I ran myself ragged that day carry in stands, stalking etc. That night driving home on the bypass in muscatine I all the sudden got a massive leg cramp in my right leg after I twisted just a little bit to adjust my seat belt.

I pulled over immediately, swung open the door and stood up. The next thing I remember is choking on my spit and Metallica Sanitarium was playing and I am laying kind slumped over my seat facing up. I had passed out on the shoulder of the two lane highway from the pain of the cramp. Talk about Crazy!!! To this day that is all I can think about on a long days of hunting. I have a bad ankle on the left so I work my right leg a little harder and it is the one that always cramps. In fact tonight, I pulled over half way home just to get out and stretch a little bit.

potassium pills. one a day and you will not cramp up. My 16 yr old son is a runner and very active in all ball sports, go Kee High, and these are cheap and very, very benifitial.

Its hell getting old huh Moose? :) I feel ya, I agree with the above. My son's football coach told him to drink pickle juice and eat lots of nanners but I think staying hydrated is the biggest factor.

Top Bottom