Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cross Bow Suggestions

luvtohunt

My youngest son broke his arm during football practice. He was more upset about not getting to bow hunt than missing football. A friend suggested we get a cross bow, talked to the doctor, no problem. My question is, anyone have any experience with a cross bow? If so, what is a good cross bow? Not looking for a high end model, as he will only be able to use it for this bow season. I know nothing about crossbows, so any help would be appreciated

Thank you for your advice.

Try going to Fin & Feather.. I dont know if they have much of a cross bow selection, but, they've usually got a pretty good inventory of used equipment and a good indoor range to try them out on.

My dad and a guy I work with both shoot Barnett. They are affordable and from what Ive seen so far dependable and accurate.

I can help you out a lil of what i know about mine!
I shoot a Ten Point Crossbow and will use it for the rest of my life as i will be disabled.

I would look into the hortons i know of a few other guys around des moines that use them when they get hurt during the season and they seem to enjoy them.

Dont look at a cross bow as a long range shooting bow! Most people hate them cus oh they can shoot out to 100 yards. That is not true i actually hate shooting much over 40-50yards as with a shorter arrow you loose your speed and will drop really really quick.

If there is anything else you have questions about just shout my rig is about 1000 spare and i got it for about 500 at the bargain bin at Cabelas and after a few years have added stuff i really like

If pulling it back may be a problem a crank or the rope that helps pull it is a must my bow has a 185lbs of pull back so i never got to use it the first year much as I personally was not capable of pulling it back but now put on the crank so i can have alot more time out in the field

Top Bottom