Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cuddeback

Cuddeback Excite
Cuddeback Expert
Cuddeback Noflash

Dont know of any of new ones yet. The excite is right around 200. If shop on ebay you can get the noflash right now for 279.00+shipping.

Dean

just hold off if you can.From what I hear moultrie will be putting out a camera that will blow a cudde away.

My newest Bass Pro catalog i just got today has a "Cuddeback Capture" for $229. Color images during the day, and B/W IR photos at night. 3 MP.

From basspro.com:
With its ''Super Simple Setup'' protocol, this is possibly the easiest, fastest scouting camera ever! Its Right Now™ Trigger Technology delivers twice the trigger speed of any previous Cuddeback camera, and the Innovative Rotary Switch makes programming as simple as setting an alarm clock. The emphasis is on performance, with high-clarity 3MP images in full color, day and night. The Capture’s 40' flash range gives you full coverage of potential hunting spots; features five delay settings from 30 seconds to 1 hour. Date/time stamp; easy test mode. Store your images on an SD card (not included). Takes color images during the day and B/W infrared photos at night. IR effective illumination range: 25'.

My question is in the second sentence about "twice the trigger speed." Cuddeback has cut there teeth on trigger speed. If add something twice you get more. Meaning they now have a slower trigger speed? What the hell, trigger speed is why I run cuddebacks why would I buy $229 cam that is the same speed as the rest. Or am I miss understanding that.

Dean

I have the original cuddeback and a new moultrie I40.

the moultrie has a faster trigger speed hands down.

I have compared these as I have one of each.

moultrie I40
original cudde
home brew p41 with yeti board
predator cam

for all the high endness the moultrie just plain takes pics...by the thousands,
no they wont win a pulitzer prize but it is the most reliable camera for its price on the market.
p.s. the predator is a joke.

I wish they would just build the ole 3.0. That was a great cam. Maybe this one will compare and hopefully the blurry pics are gone from the most recent stuff.

Time will tell. I read on another site they are scheduled to start shipping on 6/1.

Cudde's web site appears to be down??? I've been wanting a couple I40s, but will wait to see what everyone things of these Captures first.

Have you compared the trigger speed to a BF board or a BG board with the P41? Hard to believe they can be much faster.

risto,
I put all the cameras out in the woods one right next to another.

the moultrie has almost an instant trigger.

I have the 1.3 cudde and it works great but the moultrie is just a hair faster.

none of them are slow or anything just one is a little faster then the next.

doug

I've had the cuddeback IR right next to the Moultrie I60, and Moultrie won't even come close to the trigger speed of the cuddeback. Its got a decent trigger speed, but the cuddeback is instant.

I love my old 1.3 cuddebacks. I just won a new 3.0 and I do not like how you do not have the cable to mount it to the tree. I am using wire to put my new camera up but I'm not sure I like it. How is everyone putting the new cuddebacks on trees?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goose3803</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my old 1.3 cuddebacks. I just won a new 3.0 and I do not like how you do not have the cable to mount it to the tree. I am using wire to put my new camera up but I'm not sure I like it. How is everyone putting the new cuddebacks on trees? </div></div>

I love cudde's, but absolutely hate the new style with no cable. I finally figured that the best way to put these new ones on a tree is by using one of the two screws that come with the camera and just hand screw it into the tree (or use a cordless screwdriver). It really doesn't take that much longer to do it this way and it is pretty rock solid......I still hate it though.

Top Bottom