Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CVA Front Sight Questions

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any issues with the front sight on thier CVA Optima.

I sat down on the bench on Tuesday with it and at a 100yds my front post covers a 6in circle. Pretty hard to shoot groups when you can be off by 4inches and never know. Now with that being said my 3shot group was about 3inches which I thought was awesome considering.

I've been trying to find a replacement or something with a smaller front bead but I there are very FEW options. I originally thought a peep sight might be the answer I was looking for however, for me to get the range I needed it was maxed out on elevation. When I had it mounted in the scope rail holes it seemed to make it a little more accurate than up where on the rear sight mounting holes.

Just looking for some opinions or advice. (Please dont say scope it; MN doesnt allow scopes of ANY KIND during blackpowder season)

Went over to a buddys place last night that has the same gun as me just a few years newer. The sight must be the same company but its different style. The bead is way smaller up front. And WAY brighter. I have trouble seeing my fiber optic dots in the daylight.

Top Bottom