Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CW From The Stand

7:18- four deer in front of me now 2 does, a fawn, and a button buck or doe not sure yet but the big doe just went and head butted it

6:51 two does to the south of me about 50 yards.. If you guys had a doe tag would you fill it or wait?

Depends on the property for me- if there are plenty of them around- fill the tag. I shot one over the weekend for the landowner- I usually use 2 tags a year for the 2 land owners. I will wait and get another doe come late muzzy season or first shotgun since one of the properties has a TON of does on it

7:25-a 2.5 year old buck I call turkey foot and a 1.5 year old just came and crashed the party. No deer in sight now

iPhone got too cold to function.. So here is the rest of the hunt.

4:30-spotted a young buck working the fenceline to the south of me.
4:40- same buck is now walking in front of me just a little spike
5:00-2.5 year old just came to the beans and is eating.
5:12-the buck just left.
5:15-climbed out of my stand
5:19- look back into the beans before I enter the field 300 yards north of my stand to head home. Big mature buck is chasing a doe in front of my stand..dang why couldn't there have been 5 more minutes of shooting time.

How did you know what time it was if your phone died?

His phone probly got too cold and would shut down. Happens all the time to me. You can put it in your pocket near a handwarmer and then turn it back on a short while later and it should function. But at that point I would be hesitant to be using it freely in the cold as I would save it to check the time or for emergencies. Just a guess...as I have experienced this many times before.

His phone probly got too cold and would shut down. Happens all the time to me. You can put it in your pocket near a handwarmer and then turn it back on a short while later and it should function. But at that point I would be hesitant to be using it freely in the cold as I would save it to check the time or for emergencies. Just a guess...as I have experienced this many times before.

Yep, same here. Wish I had an old flip phone still in those cases...those puppies never quit

Sent from my XT1030 using IW

Ended seeing 4 does, a fawn, button buck, 3 young bucks. Trapper came through and checked his line figured that was as good of time as any to get out. Now to the house for breakfast and to watch the bottom from the window

3:27- first movement of the night got me excited! Saw a big body moving through the trees. Unfortunately it was a pony.

Top Bottom