Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dad finally connects on a good one!

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
Well the unexpected finally happened this past Friday evening (11/2). Up to this season my dad has been bowhunting for 9 years and has not shot a single deer! My brother and I get our share each year but luck was not on his side obviously. This past summer my brother and I hung a ladder stand on a hardwood ridge and we knew this stand was going to be killer come fall. Well the first person to climb into the stand was Dad and on Oct. 27th not 1hr on stand he shot a little button buck, we were pretty pumped he finally shot a deer with his bow. He cut that weekend short after 1hr of hunting and went home to process his deer. The next weekend the wind was right for that stand again so he thought he mind as well get in it again! Not another hour on stand and hears a buck tearing up a tree and making a scrape. All of a sudden he said this great 3.5 yr old buck came into an opening at 17 yards and he was tagged out for the bowseason! We still can't believe it but we were pumped for him to finally get something down and to have 2 deer down out of the same stand in under 3 hours of hunting. This was the same hardwood ridge that my brother and I shot our first bucks out of so it was pretty cool to do another recovery up there

PICT0816.jpg

That is awesome! You've got something pretty special there! I wish I could get my father, and brother into bow hunting! They say they don't have enough time- pshhhh business owners and lawyers...they can keep their suits...I will keep my camo /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

Tell your dad congrats from us. Nice deer! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like to become a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

He was pretty excited, by the looks of the picture you'd think he drug the whole deer out on his own...not true. That thing was a haul out of the timber for Russ and me, he didn't think we needed the 4 wheeler!

Top Bottom