Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dad's Buffalo. Pic's added.

HOWATTANDHAWKEN

PMA Member
My dad got a chance to go hunt Buff. in S Dakota last week. He took his recurve and his TC Encore for backup. Ended up shooting this Buff. about 6 feet with the recurve. At the shot the Buff. turned and charged him chasing him around a big cottonwood tree, Dad was able to string an arrow and get a second arrow in him as he was preparing to charge again. At the second shot the Buff. turned and ran for it over the hill. He didn't go far. Dad said he got a double lung on him though, 1 lung with each arrow. I thought that was funny. Any way he was on a 60,000 acre ranch with 700 Buff. It's fenced of course but if someone else was paying for it you could bet I would have gone too. He said it was pretty Exciting with the close encounter. Here's a couple pic's.

Re: Dad's Buffalo.

[ QUOTE ]
My dad got a chance to go hunt Buff. in S Dakota last week. He took his recurve and his TC Encore for backup. Ended up shooting this Buff. about 6 feet with the recurve. At the shot the Buff. turned and charged him chasing him around a big cottonwood tree, Dad was able to string an arrow and get a second arrow in him as he was preparing to charge again. At the second shot the Buff. turned and ran for it over the hill. He didn't go far. Dad said he got a double lung on him though, 1 lung with each arrow. I thought that was funny. Any way he was on a 60,000 acre ranch with 700 Buff. It's fenced of course but if someone else was paying for it you could bet I would have gone too. He said it was pretty Exciting with the close encounter. Here's a couple pic's.

Error in the photo section. I have to add pic's later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he go to Michelson's with Bob b?

Super T ,
Yep that would be the trip. I wasnt sure of the name of the place. But I know he went with Bob.

sounds like a fun trip, and one HELL of an exciting hunt. can't wait to see pics. did bob get one too?

TeeRoy,
They both got one with thier bows, I havent seen Bob's but I guess it's a bit larger than the the one my dad shot.
cool.gif

awesome - I heard it was a nice one!

This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!

Nice work! I have talked to your dad a couple of times up at the shooting range in Polk City...he is a great guy. Congrats to him on a great harvest!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom