Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

**********Dad's MONSTER iowa buck*****************

Y

Youngbuck

Here is my dads monster iowa deer he harvested last week. After leaving a doe-in-estrus trail he climbed into his stand around 2:15. He was there no more than five minutes, and a buck came up,so he drew and waited for it to stop in an opening.It never stopped in the right spot. So eventually he left. Then a short while later, He heard some bucks fighting behind him. Soon the buck came up, it was a small one followed by another small buck, then came a nicer, a much nicer buck. He waited for it to clear and at about 35 yards he shot, then the deer stopped and then started walking forward, the stopped again. Then it started walking backwards. It did this for about 5 min.(It was behind brush so no shot opp.) Then it finally got moving and started walking right toward him, at twenty yards he shot and it went down with in sight.
And here he is
597DADBUCK-med.jpg

597DADBUCK2-med.jpg

At first glance we thought he'd score in the 180's, so I scored him, and thought that score was impossible, so I scored it again the next day, and Yep
893shocked-thumb[1].gif
215 1/8 gross, and 212
4/8 net!!!!!!
the beams are 28 1/8 and 26 2/8. The bases are 6 and 6 2/8. The brows are 8 1/8 and 8 7/8,they also have a really cool "sling shot" look
597BROWS.JPG

it has a 21 7/8 inside spread. It has over 26 inches in abnormals plus 10 4/8 and 11 4/8 inch tines, 17 total points. The deer weighed over 300 lbs.

Hey Young Buck.. where are u guys from? do u live around gilbertville? I live in Dunkerton
2guns.gif
tahts about 15 minutes away? Just wondering where your from

Youngbuck is your dad in the witness protection program. Let see the smiling hunter. What a buck!
bigshock.gif

what did u do to the skull cap on that beast? wrap it up and tape it or what? and why?
peace.gif
mickey.gif
jester.gif
bigshock.gif
blink.gif
cussing.gif
bow.gif
busted.gif
doah.gif
eek.gif
applause.gif
2guns.gif
rambo.gif
flame.jpg
beerchug.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
ooo.gif
cool.gif
shocked.gif
smirk.gif
smile.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
grin.gif

it does have a bag around it because the taxidermist put it around so we don't get the blood or anything messy until it dries.

Thanks Bruce!

Yes, definitely alot better than a pig with a pistol (that was fun though)!

No ground shrinkage here, it just kept getting bigger and bigger, just one fantastic hunt, words can't describe.

Thanks again

beerchug.gif

Absolutely incredible! Hopefully you'll have the rack at the classic for us to drool over.

Congrats
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
That is one awesome deer!!! They sure growem big in Iowa. Congratulations one a great deer and an awesome trophy, but any deer taken with stick and string is a trophy!!!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom