Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dads old bow. Darton Stinger.

After an accident with a gravel conveyer my dad had his left arm completely torn off. Luckily they were able to save it. But unfortunately he never did regain 100% strength. He is unable to pull back a vertical bow. In the early 90s he bought a bow called a Darton Stinger. His Darton is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Has some sort of brace that straps to your arm and the bow pivots horizontally. Well he gave up hunting for a while but now that I'm very passionate about hunting he is getting back into the swing of things. His bow has been sitting in the garage for 10 years now and I'm sure needs a full tune. Has anyone ever worked on or know anyone who has worked on these? Are things like strings and cables available for these? He doesn't know yet but I snuck it out of the garage and am looking for someone to get it in tip top shape for the upcoming season. Let me know if you have any information on these bows.

Thank You!
Jake

If so I would think any pro shop ( by any I mean Buck Hollow) should be able to replace the cables and string.

I wouldn't think so because its not shoulder mounted and the string doesn't stay locked back.
You're right though. Its a weird setup. What is the draw weight?

Last edited:
You may need a special mount but I would think that a regular sight would work since the mechanics are the same for arrow flight.

Top Bottom