Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dagger

PMA Member
Well, I had gone all summer without a single trail cam pic of a buck on this property untill mid September.He showed up again at the end of September. He seemed to be showing up every 10 days or so. Well, I'm walking into the stand October 11 at 1:00 in the afternoon because he's due to be through this evening and guess what I bump him 30 yards from my stand! I was sick! I passed a mid 140's 8 point on the 21st. He wanted to go home with me so bad back and forth in front of me at 15 yards making scrapes. I check a trail cam on another piece of property half mile away that is real thick then opens up in mature oaks and big hackberrys. Guess what? He is in the background but you can only see his right side. I hang a stand on a good trail and wait for a West or North wind. October 26th the wind is rite and I sit. He shows up at 4:45 with 2 other bucks 40 yards North of me with no shot and stays in the timber till dark. I observed that every deer that came out of the bedding area walked by the same hackberry. I move my stand on the 27th to the hackberry boy was it windy. I'm in my stand the 28th at 2:30. Deer start moving at 4:00 and at 5:30 here comes Dagger straight to me! He stops at 30 yards to tear up some turf and steps behind a big oak. I draw and he stops all I have is his rear and I let up. Dagger walks South aways then fish hooks back to me and I stop him at 12 yards. I sent an arrow through him and he takes 2 big bounds and stops. I had forgot my binos so I pulled out the range finder and he is 40 yards out in brush. He stumbles around and ends up 30 yards bedded but still in brush. I check the time and its 5:40. Well, I wait till 7 to get out. I walk over to get my arrow and all I hear is crashing. I am sick! I back out and wait till morning. I return at 8:30 along with a buddy to look for Dagger. We find him 100 yards away dead as a hammer. Boy are deer tough! I had hit him a tick far back and passed through the liver. He ends up gross 186 net 180 nontypical. Thanks Brew Crew with all your help!
2010BowKillDAGGER053-2.jpg

Way to go and way to put the odds in your favor! :way: Congrats!

. I observed that every deer that came out of the bedding area walked by the same hackberry. I move my stand on the 27th to the hackberry

If more people acted on what they watched and learned we would see more picts and stories like this. I can't stress how important it is to take current information and acting on it to tilt the odds in a hunters favor.

Top Bottom