Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daver's son - Film sequences 2012

Daver

PMA Member
My son Mark did some self filming on the 9th and 10th of November that he edited into a short clip. (See below for link.) He also inserted various trail cam pics we have of the bucks he saw, which I thought was nice work.

He had Friday the 9th off school and went to the farm by himself and had a good evening sit. He shot a doe, and filmed it starting at 0:21, and then had a nice buck visit the decoy at 1:14. While he came in and could have been shot, he appeared to skirt the decoy and enter the timber instead of blasting the deke, but it was still a nice sequence.

The next morning, the 10th, he sat in a new stand area for us this year. A classic bedding area that we set just for this time of the year, when bucks would be in doe bedding areas. Sure enough, he had a hot doe lead four bucks in at about 9:00A for a cool sequence. He passed all of the deer, including the two larger bucks, each at about 10-12 yards, a couple different times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w_YKzVYLNg

Great stuff...couple of tough passes there for this late in the season :way:

NWBuck

Mark has already shot one nice buck the very first day he hunted this season. So I used our landowner tag for him so he could keep bow hunting this year. He is a senior in HS this year and at this point we realize he may not be able to hunt very often next year once he is in college, etc, so I wanted him to have as much time to bow hunt this year as he wanted.

He voluntarily passes all those bucks and several besides that he didn't get on film. Our season has been him seeing numerous "nice ones", like the video shows, and me seeing zillions of dinks! :D He thinks it is because he is a better hunter than dad now and I say it is because I let him go to the best spot. :D

Though I did pass one of those same bucks that afternoon from the same stand that Mark filmed him from that morning. I won't say I wouldn't shoot him yet this year, but so far I haven't and I probably won't. Thanks for all of the comments, Mark enjoys hearing about them and he will read after them too. He has done a 10x better job of filming than I have, that is for sure!

Top Bottom