Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dawson Strikes

Iowa1

Well my son Dawson bagged his first deer. He is 12 and is in his first year of deer hunting. We have been playing cat and mouse with several does and small bucks for about 35 hours over the last three weeks. He has made some mistakes, including hitting a branch, slicing a hole in my pop-up blind, which sent the arrow over a buck's head (ever notice the arrow is about three inches lower than your sight on your bow?!!), fidgeting at the wrong time, etc. Anyway it finally all came together and his patience, persistance and practice all paid off on Saturday evening. This buck stepped out of the pines 25 yards away and Dawson waited for the right shot, then put the smackdown on him. What a proud moment for both of us. It is really hard for a 12 year old to sit still for a couple hours in the evening, and I am proud that he stuck with it. I learned that it is soooo much harder to get one with a bow than with a gun when you are a kid. He really put the time in with the bow this summer and is actually shooting 50 pounds very well.

20buck2.jpg

Congrats to your son!! I couldnt help but laugh about this line!!
grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
ever notice the arrow is about three inches lower than your sight on your bow

[/ QUOTE ]

Top Bottom