Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

daylight?.

Per the Iowa DNR code it would be a 1/2 before sunrise which in the eastern part of the state should be at 7:13 am so you should be able to shoot at 6:47 am

Per the Iowa DNR code it would be a 1/2 before sunrise which in the eastern part of the state should be at 7:13 am so you should be able to shoot at 6:47 am
There should be a sunrise map at the link I posted, as it varies from east to west across the state. You need to look for the official sunrise for your area of the state. From what I have heard while hunting, sounds like many people disregard it, but it is the law.

Let me ask this, when r people getting on stand is more what I was looking for sorrry
Sometimes I like to wait by the vehicle until legal shooting time, then still hunt to my stand.

Other times I try to be on stand 15-30 minutes before legal shooting.

Some like to get there even earlier, saying that showing up so close to shooting might spook deer already there away. From showing up real early, it seems they don't usually hang around for any length of time, so it doesn't matter IMO.

Depending on the amount of pressure in the area, it's really difficult to predict anything.

We always tried to get in pretty early. When our neighbors got in stand later they would bump the deer onto our property where the deer would hang out until shooting light many times.

Ya we get in stand atleast an hr before light. Go in with no lights were not afraid of the dark.

Top Bottom