Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deadliest catch

lxshooter

Has anyone else watched this show? I have heard about it in the past but figured that I had better things to do then watch a show about guys fishing for crabs. Yet I found myself watching 8 hours of it on the discovery channel for the marathon they were running. Damn that show is addictive.

I have seen it once, but the Cubs were playing so truned it back...ill have to check it out again...cause it only was like a minute or so thats all i have seen.

Great series. I managed to watch all of them last year & about 75% of them this year. Could you imagine making a years wages in 2 weeks? I don't know if could survive but I would try.
grin.gif

Cool show ... call me crazy for saying this but it almost makes me want to give it a try! I don't know if the $$$$ is worth the risk though.
-Longspurs-

I watched them make $75,000 in less then 2 months. They started out with King crab then went to cod then to Ophilio crab. They worked thier butt off thats for sure. They would go 2 days with no sleep with constant hard labor, then only get 4 hours sleep.

I watched last years series and this years series and needless to say I am hooked. There is now dought about it that those guys earn every dollar. @ thumbs up.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

I have not bitched about the price of crab legs since watching that show. Those guys earn every penny!

I try and watch it each week. After seeing the movie, "The Perfect Storm" I thought it was played up a little for the movie. But after seeing some of the storms and conditions these guys go through (and survive if they are lucky) it was pretty much realistic. These guys are either desperate for cash, have stones the size of bowling balls, or both A and B.

This show has sucked me in as well. If I'm channel surfing and come across it, I'm compelled to watch it. Analogous to the stalled car on the train tracks with the speeding locomotive bearing down!
grin.gif

I think that it would be cool to work two months then have the rest of the year off, but one false move and your life is over.
frown.gif

I've always said that if I'm not earning money, I'm spending it. Heaven forbid I'd have 10 months off!!!! I'd have to make at least twice what they do to make it through the off season.

I have to agree with you that show is addictive! I LOVE that channel!!! How about "Myth Busters" or "Dirty Jobs"?

I love the show because I have been there. It brings back a lot of good and bad memories for me. I did not do Opie crab in the winter, but I worked on a salmon boat near Dutch Harbor.

The show does a good job of depicting what it is like but you really have to be out there to undersand how bad it really is. When you have been working 20 hour days in terrible conditions for a while, every little thing that people do really starts to bug you. You have to work really hard a getting along or it will drive you crazy. I have not been there since 1988 but it seems like yesterday when I watch the show. There is no way to describe how hard the work is and how bad the conditions are.

I still have a set of that orange Grundens Rain gear. I was thinking it would be fun to put it on eBay now that the show is so popular.

Great show.How about those camaramen that have to get it all on film!! They have to do some scary stuff to get the shot's they get.One of the best documentory's I'v seen in awhile.

Those guys are cowboy's through and through. I'm also an addict of the show!

I'm constantly thinking about the working conditions of the poor camera crew! Can you imagine trying to film on the deck of those friggen boats! I wish they would do a behind the scenes special about the filming of these shows!

Top Bottom