Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Death Shed (almost)

What a scary thing to go through! Glad you are doing better Bruce. It may help us if you tell us your symptoms and how long it took you to realize something serious was going on. When things are better, shoot us a score on that shed to! :D :way:

Glad this had a good ending! Heart issues seem to run in my family, so I know how easily this could have turned the other way. Good luck with your recovery!

Good suggestion Skully, when I first got to this field I had no symptoms what so ever, I felt totally normal. After finding the big shed, I noticed I was feeling weak. No when I say weak I don't mean out of breath, I mean I was feeling like I just ran a marathon. The back side of my left arm was also feeling weird, (that's the only way to describe it) but the weakness was terrible. Since I'm diabetic I thought I was having a low blood sugar so I decided to call Jeff to bring me my glucose tablets....thank God he answered the phone....I finally made it back to where he dropped me off and basically fell in a heap....I was totally wiped out. When Jeff got there I took my glucose but knew something wasn't right and by the time we got back to the road I was sick to my stomach....bad. After loosing my cookies my chest started feeling pressure like I've never felt......That's when the longest ride of my life started. 25 minutes later we were in the Burlington hospital ......I now know what a pin cushion feels like. They say if I had waited too much longer to call Jeff I might have passed out ......I wouldn't be writing this now if that would have happened. Take care of yourselves gang, and like I mentioned let someone know where you are at when out in the woods.
On a side note, if you young guys think this could never happen to you.....the nurses told me of a 21 year old army special forces guy that was there before me with a hammer of a heart attack that almost took his life. Bruce

Top Bottom