Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

decoy question

I have both, but if I were to only have one it would be a buck. A lot of times if does see a lone doe decoy just standing there they will get nervous and stare at it forever from a distance. But I have pulled a buck from his real doe to come in and get a sniff or two from the decoy. I think a buck decoy will generate more of a positive reaction for you because the does will ignore it for the most part, and other bucks will get ticked and want to get in its face. FWIW, I have had the best luck using a buck and a bedded doe.

Buck decoy

I have both, but if I were to only have one it would be a buck. A lot of times if does see a lone doe decoy just standing there they will get nervous and stare at it forever from a distance. But I have pulled a buck from his real doe to come in and get a sniff or two from the decoy. I think a buck decoy will generate more of a positive reaction for you because the does will ignore it for the most part, and other bucks will get ticked and want to get in its face. FWIW, I have had the best luck using a buck and a bedded doe.
Had a fella tell me his uncle removes an antler off his decoy and can lure the bucks to the decoy's weak side and to his advantage concerning wind and terrain. Any experiences with that sort of thing?

I usually only put one antler on. This year I have had mix results with the decoy but have had good results in the past. I think it all depends on the demeanor of the buck at that time. Other day the decoy blew it for me and yesterday I wish I had him as I had my target buck wanting to fight everything in sight as he was protecting his doe.

Top Bottom