Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decoy?

My experience is does do not like the doe decoy. But love the half rack buck decoy when used with ever calm and buck urine in an open area. Had a doe lick my buck decoy on the face last night.

decoy's sometimes

i have had good and bad responses with the decoys some does it's doesn't bother and other's just go nuts, as far as buck's go nothing but excellent response during the rut would not go with out the Montana's during the rut.:way::way::way::way::way::way::way: and hope for eight this season.. going out this coming wed for the first time this season same tree for the last 7 yrs hope it's still there!!!

Last edited:
Had a buck decoy in a food plot today. Not sure if it did any good because I had live decoys on the plot from sun up until I shot one at 10:45. The decoy did not spook anything off, so definetly no harm today.

Everything I've read about decoying says a buck comes into the head of a buck decoy.

Every buck that has come into my decoy is circling to the tail. Are all the bucks here gay, or does my decoy look gay? Or is it that the decoy s facing into the wind and they are trying to get down wind?

Mobile Cooter using IW

Everything I've read about decoying says a buck comes into the head of a buck decoy.

Every buck that has come into my decoy is circling to the tail. Are all the bucks here gay, or does my decoy look gay? Or is it that the decoy s facing into the wind and they are trying to get down wind?

Mobile Cooter using IW

The bucks are trying to get down wind of the decoy. I always try to set up a decoy quartering the wind, and make sure I would have a quartering away shot or broadside shot. Just remember to leave enough space for the buck to get downwind of the decoy but not you. Almost every buck I have had come in to a decoy has come to the head, but has circled downwind of the decoy first. FYI : if you do have gay deer they will be sporting a rainbow or pink triangle bumper sticker on their hind end. :D

I was guessing it was the wind but wanted some input.

I thought it was because I rainbow striped his antlers :)

Mobile Cooter using IW

Top Bottom